#91 2010-10-09 22:38:55

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Database improvements

Hi LucMorizur,

LucMorizur wrote:

Is the compatibility of these three engines with SQL generic language, too weak?

Yes it is. We obviously have many SQL queries successful with MySQL that fail in PostgreSQL.

LucMorizur wrote:

I mean, should we indeed test for which engine is used, to write different queries statements?

We should care about writting SQL code that works with the 3 engines, with the known incompatibilities in mind. I agree that it would be a good thing to have a wiki page with these known problems, I will ask some help to nicolas.

LucMorizur wrote:

functions_pgsql.inc.php: 6 functions [...]

I think we're not looking at the same file. I have much more than 6 functions for PostgreSQL (or it would not work at all).

#92 2010-10-09 23:00:12

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Re: Database improvements

plg wrote:

Hi LucMorizur,

LucMorizur wrote:

Is the compatibility of these three engines with SQL generic language, too weak?

Yes it is. We obviously have many SQL queries successul with MySQL that fail in PostgreSQL.

OK, at least do I understand something better :-) .

plg wrote:

LucMorizur wrote:

functions_pgsql.inc.php: 6 functions [...]

I think we're not looking at the same file. I have much more than 6 functions for PostgreSQL (or it would not work at all).

I was talking only about the first functions of each files. Then in the last part of the files, are placed more functions, which are common for the three engines.

Anyway I guess you know this part better than I do ;-) ...

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

•  » Engine
  •  » Database improvements

Board footer