Announcement

#1 2010-02-21 04:43:38

Netson
2009-10-18

Users upload

How do i able users to upload their events fotos to the piwigo?

I have donne the method:

"To let users upload their pictures, follow the instructions :

1.authorize upload on any categories 1) [administration panel » Categories » Manage » edit] or [administration panel » Categories » Upload].
2.give write rights on directories for ugo (user, group, other). In simplier explanation : chmod 777.

You understand that upload permission is given category by category and does not depend on the user. "

(1) but their is  no albums on Forbidden to pass to Authorized.  (And the user can´t have the Admin status.)

(2) I don´t understand the 2.

Their is several users in this forum with the same problem post but still have no answer for this subject.

Thanks

#2 2010-02-22 09:41:17

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Users upload

Currently (Piwigo 2.0.x), user upload feature is only available for physical categories. I mean with a dedicated directory in the galleries directory. You enable write access on this directory.

But wait, there is also another level of user upload, depending on the trust you give to your users. If you fully trust:

1) ask them to install pLoader
2) in your Piwigo installation, install [extension by plg] Community and set permissions

Bye

#3 2010-02-23 01:41:56

Netson
2009-10-18

Thanks for the prompt reply. It is exactly the tool that I complained.

1) the ploader is obvious to be used for the users uploads.

2) You know I  have subscrive an account piwigo.com beta version, so i  dont have  my own server.  How and where do i install this extension?

It was supposed to have automatically upgrades in the piwigo.com beta versions. Or not?

Thanks

#4 2010-02-23 09:32:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Oh, you're the netson with 3 piwigo.com accounts, I see :-)

This forum is not dedicated to piwigo.com support. But the question is generic enough for an answer!

I haven't installed [extension by plg] Community on piwigo.com because there is a bug, see [Bugtracker] ticket 1431. As soon as Piwigo 2.0.9 is released, I will update piwigo.com and I'll install the community plugin.

#5 2010-03-12 04:26:17

Em Ku
Translation Team
Vietnam
2008-06-02

Hello!
In my gallery, users can not upload their pictures to an empty category and even they can not see if the empty category is existing or not. Only Webmaster and Administrator can upload pictures to an empty category. I try to find some setting for user groups to get themselves  can upload too, but found nothing. Any suggestions?
So, some special settings on user group should have in future versions.

I'm from Viet Nam, so happy to be a member of Piwigo.

Board footer