Announcement

#1 2010-06-18 10:07:29

mike

how do i custom edit pages.

on the main page of the piwigo directory underneath the category boxes which contain a thumb nail from a picture inside that category,   underneat this, there is a lot of open space which i would like to manually ad content to, i did so with Front Page, but when i saved it, i could not view the categorys, i would click one, the address bar in the browser would change to the url of the category, but i would remain looking at the main page... i believe it has to do with how php works, could someone tell me how to add content manually? preferably using front page, dream weaver sense i do not really know how to code.

thank you!

#2 2010-06-18 10:19:36

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

Re: how do i custom edit pages.

mike wrote:

on the main page of the piwigo directory underneath the category boxes which contain a thumb nail from a picture inside that category,   underneat this, there is a lot of open space which i would like to manually ad content to, i did so with Front Page, but when i saved it, i could not view the categorys, i would click one, the address bar in the browser would change to the url of the category, but i would remain looking at the main page... i believe it has to do with how php works, could someone tell me how to add content manually? preferably using front page, dream weaver sense i do not really know how to code.

Could you provide some screencopy to show exactly the "space" you want to put something in. And tell us what you want to put there, as we already have extensions that use "spaces".

You won't be able to add something "manually". You'll have either to use an available plugin, if there is one that can do what you want; or you'll have to create a personnal extension (plugin or template), probably using Smarty which the template engine.
Smarty documentation

Last edited by tosca (2010-06-18 10:20:56)

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#3 2010-06-18 13:30:36

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Maybe you are looking for [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#4 2010-06-19 00:31:45

mike

here is a screen cap of what i wish to do..

sorry for not thumbnailing it,

h**p://www.ocixx.com/sc.jpg

as i am sure you know, remove the *'s replace with t's :)

#5 2010-06-19 04:57:49

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

mike wrote:

here is a screen cap of what i wish to do..

For next time, you can join any pic to your message provided it is not too big (see screencopy), just resize/crop it a bit if necessary. Use the link just in the send post.

About your question, you can use [extension by plg] PWG Stuffs as VDigital said, and set up a personal a personal block just as in my test gallery. Mine is at the top; to put it a the bottom of the page, you just have to drag and drop the block at the right place in the configuration panel.

You might want to use [extension by P@t] FCK Editor too, as it provides a rich text editor that can be used about anywhere in the admin panels/modules.

Last edited by tosca (2010-06-19 05:01:54)

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

Board footer