Announcement

#1 2010-06-18 12:34:33

stueyuk
2010-06-18

Guest user rights

Hi all,

I have checked recent posts have have either missed this answer or not understood it.

I dont want my guest users to see any of the photos in any gallery.  Ideally I only want users that I have allowed to access the pictures.

I would like the guest to see perhaps 1 picture in each set of photos but nothing more.

Is this possible?

Many thanks
Stu

#2 2010-06-18 13:19:12

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Cévennes (France)
2006-09-23

Re: Guest user rights

Make the categories private, and only the groups and/or users you'll give access to will see the pictures.

My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

#3 2010-06-18 22:02:45

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Guest user rights

stueyuk wrote:

I would like the guest to see perhaps 1 picture in each set of photos but nothing more.

For such a simple need, change the "who can see these photos?" property to "admins, family, friends, contacts" (but not "everybody").

If you want to apply to all your photos:

1) go to Administration>Photos>Caddie
2) if the caddie is not currently empty, in the "Caddie management" check the "Empty caddie" option and click on the "Submit" button
3) go back to the gallery (click on the "Visit the gallery" link in administration header)
4) with a theme like "Sylvia" or "clear" you have a button to "display all elements in all categories and sub-categories", click on this button
5) click on the "add to caddie" icon (all your photos are in the caddie)
6) go to Administration>Photos>Caddie
8) change the "who can see these photos?" property
9) select "all" as "target"
10) click on the "Submit" button

Then if you want disconnected visitors to see a few photos in each album, just change the "who can see this photo?" property to "everybody" for a given photo.

To make all photos visible to people you know, set their "privacy level" to "contact" in the Administration>Users>Manage screen.

Board footer