•  » Website
  •  » permanent redirect from phpwebgallery.net

#1 2010-07-12 23:55:52

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

permanent redirect from phpwebgallery.net

Back in 2008, Piwigo name was "PhpWebGallery" and the website was phpwebgallery.net

There are some automatic redirections. Some of them are managed in the web server configuration and are "permanent" (ie code 301) redirects (like phpwebgallery.net/doc or phpwebgallery.net/demo) but other redirects are managed in PHP (phpwebgallery root and forum) and these redirects were temporary redirects!

I changed this to permanent redirects also because search engines does not consider a temporary redirect and a permanent redirect the same way. For example, I've been told that a permanent redirect transmit its pagerank and backlinks to the new location.

This is what is interesting. Currently piwigo.org pagerank is 6. Maybe the permanent redirect will increase this value to 7 or 8 :-)

#2 2010-07-13 05:09:47

developer
Honolulu, HI (United States)
2010-06-19

Re: permanent redirect from phpwebgallery.net

plg, LOL

It is not the way Pagerank works ;) It is big distance between PR6 and PR 7, PR8 is kinda unrealistic.

ubuntu.com is PR 8
It does have 2,111,791 backlinks

piwigo.org only got 320,850 backlinks
phpwebgallery.net 765,479 backlinks
It is about twice less that PR 8 websites. As you know it also matters the quality of the websites that gives you "link juice"

Last edited by developer (2010-07-13 05:10:10)

400+ Magento Themes, each Magento template includes PSD file. See our gallery!

#3 2010-07-13 09:23:13

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I am no pagerank master, obviously :-) If this tiny change make the PR change to 7, it is already nice!

developer wrote:

ubuntu.com is PR 8
It does have 2,111,791 backlinks

I know websites with PR9 which are far less known than ubuntu.com and with much less backlinks.

Where did you get these statistics? (because I've seen several statistics website, they never produce the same result)

developer wrote:

It is about twice less that PR 8 websites. As you know it also matters the quality of the websites that gives you "link juice"

No, I don't know. What says a website quality is enough to create a good link? (in order to increase your PR)

#4 2010-07-13 13:37:00

developer
Honolulu, HI (United States)
2010-06-19

plg wrote:

Where did you get these statistics?

www.popuri.us

plg wrote:

No, I don't know. What says a website quality is enough to create a good link? (in order to increase your PR)

Links from .gov .edu .mil websites are more valuable than regular ones. Also links from DMOZ are valuable.
1 link from PR8 website is far more valuable than 500 links from PR1 websites =) Considering that both are made from a targeted niche websites.

400+ Magento Themes, each Magento template includes PSD file. See our gallery!

#5 2010-07-15 16:32:12

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I have added a permanent redirect from phpwebgallery.net/doc to piwigo.org/doc, it was the last way to see phpwebgallery.net, now you're always permanently redirected to piwigo.org

•  » Website
  •  » permanent redirect from phpwebgallery.net

Board footer