Announcement

#1 2010-07-14 10:31:15

zebra4
2010-06-18

Questions about customizing Simple White Theme

1) The alt tag on the "menu" text is always in French (Afficher/cacher le menu). How can I change this?

2) Is it possible to add my own content to the menu section? (eg mailinglist code under specials)?

3) Is it possible to add links etc to the bottom (Powered by Piwigo etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2010-07-15 01:01:05

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Questions about customizing Simple White Theme

Hi zebra4,

zebra4 wrote:

1) The alt tag on the "menu" text is always in French (Afficher/cacher le menu). How can I change this?

That's a bug in [extension by plg] Simple Grey, I notify saimon about this bug (it is in themes/simple/template/index.tpl)

zebra4 wrote:

2) Is it possible to add my own content to the menu section? (eg mailinglist code under specials)?

Yes.

1) go to [Administration > Plugins > Manage > Other plugins available] and install "Advanced Menu Manager"
2) go to [Administration > Plugins > Manage > Plugins List] and install + activate "Advanced Menu Manager"
3) go to [Administration > Plugins > Advanced Menu Manager > Personalised menu] and create your specific block
4) go to [Administration > Configuration > Menus] and reorder menu blocks the way you want

zebra4 wrote:

3) Is it possible to add links etc to the bottom (Powered by Piwigo etc.)?

Yes, the fast and easy way is to modify the themes/simple/template/footer.tpl file BUT your changes will be erased as soon as you update the "Simple" theme.

If you want to do it the clean way, create a new theme with "simple-white" as parent theme. Let's call it "zebra4", and copy themes/simple/template/footer.tpl into themes/zebra4/template/footer.tpl. You can safely modify themes/zebra4/template/footer.tpl without worrying about losing your changes on next upgrade, read details about theme creation in the wiki "Create a theme" page.

#3 2010-07-15 08:32:32

zebra4
2010-06-18

Ok. Thanks!

Something else. I've added the advanced menu manager and I activated the random picture block. I'd like to align that random picture to the left in stead of in the center. Is this possible somewhere?

Last edited by zebra4 (2010-07-15 08:36:32)

#4 2010-07-16 22:33:57

saimon
2006-12-04

plg wrote:

zebra4 wrote:

That's a bug in [extension by plg] Simple Grey, I notify saimon about this bug (it is in themes/simple/template/index.tpl)

The internationalization of the theme is in the todo list, but I will not be available for a moment ...

Board footer