Announcement

#1 2010-08-07 12:48:52

LuxZg
2010-08-06

[resolved] Changing default sort order

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Piwigo, so perhaps this is stupid question, but I really couldn't find an answer anywhere.

For default gallery sort there is a line that goes like this:
"Use the default image sort order (defined in the configuration file)"

Now, I do want to use default, but I want default to be "Sort by file name". It's simplest way to make my "albums" nice and tidy, as I simply upload 99% of files with original name from my still camera. So no need to manually sort anything, just sort by file name, and I know it's all fine.

Only problem is that I don't know where to find "configuration file", or any place to change the way that default sort works..

#2 2010-08-07 14:45:26

rio
Piwigo Team
Paris
2006-07-24

Re: [resolved] Changing default sort order

Hi,
the default configuration file is here : ../include/config_default.inc.php
you can find the detail in the WIKI
If you want change the default value, you can use the plugin local file editor (installed by default on your Piwigo) to edit your local configuration.
Just insert

Code:

$conf['order_by'] = 'file ASC';

The local file located in  ../local/config/config.inc.php

:-))

The WIKI is a good way to find informations, like the forum, where you can use the search engine to find answers to your questions.

-> /<Ä®¿M <-
http://riohome.free.fr
Il forum è anche in ITALIANO

#3 2010-08-07 15:11:11

LuxZg
2010-08-06

Thanks rio, I completely missed the WIKI.. weird that it wasn't listed when I did a search on whole site.

Anyway, I found the code, and changed it as you wrote but I got an error. Luckily, I've noticed immediately that in original there was 'ORDER BY' clause before the 'file ASC' ..

This worked:

Code:

$conf['order_by'] = ' ORDER BY file ASC';

That's just in case someone later reads this and gets the same error.

Thank you once again!

Last edited by LuxZg (2010-08-07 15:12:00)

#4 2010-08-07 19:19:25

rio
Piwigo Team
Paris
2006-07-24

:-))

-> /<Ä®¿M <-
http://riohome.free.fr
Il forum è anche in ITALIANO

#5 2014-07-26 19:33:55

MtnBiker
2014-07-10

LuxZg wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to Piwigo, so perhaps this is stupid question, but I really couldn't find an answer anywhere.

For default gallery sort there is a line that goes like this:
"Use the default image sort order (defined in the configuration file)"

Now, I do want to use default, but I want default to be "Sort by file name". It's simplest way to make my "albums" nice and tidy, as I simply upload 99% of files with original name from my still camera. So no need to manually sort anything, just sort by file name, and I know it's all fine.

Only problem is that I don't know where to find "configuration file", or any place to change the way that default sort works..

Four years later this hasn't changed. The "Use the default image sort order (defined in the configuration file)" comment needs to be changed to "Use the default image sort order (defined in the configuration file which is accessed via Plugins>LocalFile Editor. LocalFile Editor is not installed by default)."

Where should suggestions like this be submitted?

PS. I think "Subscribe to this topic" should be on by default.

PPS. Would be nice if the file uploader would give an error message if the file is too large.

PPPS. The wiki link is broken. So far I've found using the Google search to be the only way to find my way through the docs.

Thanks for listening or not.

Last edited by MtnBiker (2014-07-26 19:35:42)

#6 2014-07-26 19:44:54

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

And four years later things as changed a lot, the config param is not in the advanced config file anymore but in Configuration->Options (a pretty obvious place right)

ps: yes, the label in album page is false, will fix it

#7 2014-07-26 20:33:34

MtnBiker
2014-07-10

mistic100 wrote:

And four years later things as changed a lot, the config param is not in the advanced config file anymore but in Configuration->Options (a pretty obvious place right)

Good, I was looking in Albums and not finding a way to do it. Now I have to figure out how there could be more than one default sort order.

Board footer