Announcement

#1 2004-01-11 15:25:28

Eric B
2003-10-02

Remote Site

Hi,
Since the space allocated (100MB) by my provider (free.fr) is reached, I want to use the 'remote site' option to add pictures from another provider (tiscali.fr).
I've followed the instructions for 'remote site' : I've launched the create_listing_file.php script to create the listing.xml file, and then upload it on the primary site.

A new category has been created, but with no picture !
I've took a look at the listing.xml file, and the first line is <url>http://</url>, which is surely wrong.
So I've added manually the remote web site adress, and then update the categories. This new category works better.

1) My problem is that I have redundant categories, due to the incorrect listing.xml. I didn't find a solution to delete the wrong categories trough phpWebGallery, so I've played with phpMyAdmin:
DELETE FROM `phpwebgallery_image_category` WHERE `category_id` > '81';
DELETE FROM `phpwebgallery_images` WHERE `id` > '1830';
The first time I wrote this topic, it worked good, but I've remade the mistake (uploading the listing.xml without modifiing the first line), and I've just made a big mistake with the DELETE command, so I've totally removed my databases  :evil:

2) Back to the correct remote and primary web sites, the thumbnail are correctly displayed, but not the full size image !! Why ? The big image seems to be downloaded (take the time, and the adress is correct), but not displayed. Very curious...
How could I resolve this problem ?

HOW TO USE THE REMOTE SITE OPTION CORRECTLY ??

#2 2004-01-27 23:26:57

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Remote Site

the first line is <url>http://</url>, which is surely wrong.

Yes, it's wrong !

In file create_listing_file.php (1.3.0) try be replacing lines

Code:

$end = strrpos( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], '/' ) + 1;
$local_folder = substr( $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'], 0, $end );
$url = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].$local_folder;

by

Code:

$end = strrpos( $PHP_SELF, '/' ) + 1;
$local_folder = substr( $PHP_SELF, 0, $end );
$url = 'http://'.$HTTP_HOST.$local_folder;

2) Back to the correct remote and primary web sites, the thumbnail are correctly displayed, but not the full size image !! Why ? The big image seems to be downloaded (take the time, and the adress is correct), but not displayed. Very curious...
How could I resolve this problem ?

the problem are the dimensions of the picture : 0*0, so the picture picture is displayed 0*0... are all the width and height for picture 0*0 in the XML file ?

#3 2004-01-28 12:18:42

Eric B
2003-10-02

Thanks for your reply.
1) Good idea to remove the "_SERVER[]"  since tiscali.fr offers PHP 4.0 only **Broken link**
So it works, or almost. I believe there is a little problem with Tiscali : the server returns **Broken link**

2) The dimension are not specified in the XML file. Here is an extract of this file :

Code:

<picture file="120_-_Bateau_n_18.jpg" tn_ext="jpg" date="2004-01-11" filesize="179" width="" height="" />

But sometimes, the dimensions are given :

Code:

<picture file="163_-_depart_train.jpg" tn_ext="jpg" date="2004-01-11" filesize="64" width="4096" height="65023" />

4096x65023 !! Totaly wrong of course...

EDIT1 : 3) I've installed phpWebGallery on my home computer. I have the same problem with the remote site, but with additionnal warnings :

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: php_hostconnect: connect failed in c:\documents and settings\localhost\phpwebgallery\include\functions_iptc.inc.php on line 25

Warning: getimagesize(**Broken link**) [function.getimagesize]: failed to create stream: Bad file descriptor in c:\documents and settings\localhost\phpwebgallery\include\functions_iptc.inc.php on line 25

I'm using the exif support given by alcz, and it seems the getimagesize() function failed on the remote pictures. That gives an explanation of the 0*0 dimensions...

EDIT2 : 4) In my home phpwebgallery, I've modified the dimensions in my database in a single picture :

Code:

UPDATE `phpwebgallery_images` SET `width` = '800', `height` = '600' WHERE `id` = '1311' LIMIT 1;

And this picture is then displayed correctly.
But the previous warnings remain. If I have understood, they are 2 distincts acess on the picture : one by the database to display it, and one by the additionnal Exif functions to display the Exif informations. Both have a problem with my remote site, the first is corrected with my database intervention, but not the second acess.

EDIT3: it is definetly a problem with Tiscali host (or PHP 4.0). The remote site works perfecly between Lycos and Free. So I think I will forget my Tiscali remote site...

#4 2004-01-31 18:18:32

Eric B
2003-10-02

The problems are now understood.

I discuted about point 3 with alcz and unfortunately, due to servers configuration ("URL file-access is disabled"), it is not possible to have Exif information on pictures hosted by some remote site as Free, Lycos Multimania and Tiscali.

About point 1-2-4, I've finally leave my pictures on Tiscali (since it took a bit of time to upload 70 MB!), but I used my local PhpWebGallery (with the same files and directories) to generate the listing.xml. So it works great now!  :) 

#5 2004-01-31 18:24:28

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I used my local PhpWebGallery (with the same files and directories) to generate the listing.xml. So it works great now!  :)

I do the same thing for my remote site on a web server which has no PHP available.

Board footer