Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Admin Function Enhancements

#1 2010-11-02 10:19:52

ranmajen
2010-10-26

Admin Function Enhancements

1. Specific Image Search by image ID / ID range

As I will have over 1000 photos in my piwigo, it would be very time-consuming to search specific images by existing structure. I now need to find the specific category first in the category list. It needs more time if I have several category levels. And in the sub-cat, I need to find the specific image by the pre-set order.

Could the feature of searching by image ID or ID range in admin be added?

2. Category Management in a quicker way

Could a scroll-down menu be added as a quick selection especially when I have many categories and sub-cats?

3. Thumbnail Adjustment

I cannot modify the generated thumbnails. I have uploaded a photo and in the thumbnail, the head of my father has been chopped off. So I must modify this thumbnail. I find no way can do this in the existing admin. Finally, I make the thumbnail on my own and uploaded via FTP.

#2 2010-11-02 16:54:26

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Admin Function Enhancements

ranmajen wrote:

1. Specific Image Search by image ID / ID range
[...]
Could the feature of searching by image ID or ID range in admin be added?

Yes, it will be an additional search filter in [extension by plg] Bulk Manager (future batch manager for Piwigo 2.2).

I have added a feature request: [Bugtracker] ticket 1995

ranmajen wrote:

2. Category Management in a quicker way

Could a scroll-down menu be added as a quick selection especially when I have many categories and sub-cats?

Can you give more details? on which page would you like to have a scroll down menu? can you show us an example of scroll down menu?

ranmajen wrote:

3. Thumbnail Adjustment

I cannot modify the generated thumbnails. I have uploaded a photo and in the thumbnail, the head of my father has been chopped off. So I must modify this thumbnail. I find no way can do this in the existing admin. Finally, I make the thumbnail on my own and uploaded via FTP.

I fully agree with you, there is no user friendly way to regenerate the thumbnail (or the web size photo)

Your request sounds like [Bugtracker] ticket 1824 but I would say that you would even like the ability to crop the thumbnail by yourself with a tool like Jcrop. Am I right?

#3 2010-11-02 16:56:11

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

By the way, your topic is very well written (clear questions) but don't hesitate to create as many topics as questions/requests you have :-) Let's keep this topic this time but next time create several topics please.

#4 2010-11-03 03:20:27

ranmajen
2010-10-26

plg wrote:

Yes, it will be an additional search filter in [extension by plg] Bulk Manager (future batch manager for Piwigo 2.2).

I have added a feature request: [Bugtracker] ticket 1995

Actually I have installed Bulk Manager, it is something I would like to have but I think this plugin can be enhanced. It is better can be searched by entering specific image id or image id range especially if there are many photos (let say over 200) in a single category. Besides, edit image action can be added to the action list also.

plg wrote:

Can you give more details? on which page would you like to have a scroll down menu? can you show us an example of scroll down menu?

Actually, the scroll-down menu is just like the one using in Bulk Manager. I think it would be more efficient if can be included in category management main page (the screencap I have attached). I can choose the specific category (especially useful for the sub-category with deeper levels and less time to find the specific one if many sub-cats [let say over 10] in the same level) I need to edit in the main page instead of clicking the parent and then the level one sub-cat and then the level two sub-cat and then etc. Hope you know what I mean.

plg wrote:

I fully agree with you, there is no user friendly way to regenerate the thumbnail (or the web size photo)

Your request sounds like [Bugtracker] ticket 1824 but I would say that you would even like the ability to crop the thumbnail by yourself with a tool like Jcrop. Am I right?

Yes, it is exactly what I would like to have. I think it is more flexible to crop the thumbnail by myself sometimes.

#5 2010-11-03 03:23:46

ranmajen
2010-10-26

plg wrote:

By the way, your topic is very well written (clear questions) but don't hesitate to create as many topics as questions/requests you have :-) Let's keep this topic this time but next time create several topics please.

Okay, I will follow the culture here :)
Thanks for answering my questions.

•  » Requests
  •  » Admin Function Enhancements

Board footer