Announcement

#1 2010-11-06 21:25:41

jwvraets
2010-11-05

Error Message: pLoader "read file '../bin/properties.ini' - sysopen:

Although I have not yet had any resolution to the problem of multiple adds for photos causing Firefox to crash if at least one such photo file size exceed 5 meg, I did try the method suggested by Pierrick Le Gall, i.e to install and use pLoader. I had to use the 64 bit approach (i.e. fo 64 bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS desktop) and once I eventually found all the pieces and managed to get it to work, I must say it does work well except for a small problem. Upon launching it using the "perl ploader.pl" command from the appropriate directory, the first thinf the software generates is an error message in the terminal window, specifically:

read_file '../bin/properties.ini' - sysopen: No such file or directory at Uploader/GUI/wxApp.pm line 964

... and then it seems to function properly. Checking the directory/file layout, there is on fact no file properties.ini in the referenced "bin" directory. Instead, it is located in the "src" directory.

I am not sure practical what impact this, but the fact that the message is generated seems to indicate something really does want it and can't find it.

The question is, should a copy of it be placed in the "bin" directory? And if so, should it be deleted from the "src" directory? and what does it impact, either way?

I have other comments/concerns of a more general, user interface, usability, documentation, etc. -related nature but I will reserve them for a later posting. That said,  the product has a lot going for it and I really want to provide access to no-technical users who are not prepared or capable of dealing with such issues. It is certainly fast and generally well done.

JW
Grimaby, Ontario - Canada

#2 2010-11-06 21:39:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Error Message: pLoader "read file '../bin/properties.ini' - sysopen:

Just to make sure you didn't search too long which dependency packages to install on your Ubuntu 10.04, did you see [Forum, post 116736 by plg in topic 16544] pLoader under ubuntu 10.10 ?

Now concerning the error in the terminal, this is just a warning, no problem at all.

#3 2010-11-06 22:24:21

jwvraets
2010-11-05

Re: Error Message: pLoader "read file '../bin/properties.ini' - sysopen:

Perrick:

Thank you for your quick response. As to the installation of dependencies, I simply cut and pasted the "sudo...." statement from your step 2 in that message and executed it - no errors reported during that step. Your messages in:

[Forum, post 116736 by plg in topic 16544] pLoader under ubuntu 10.10

[Forum, topic 16392] pLoader under 64-bit OS

were very helpful and provided me with the installation information I needed. - Thank you.

Board footer