Announcement

#1 2011-05-02 10:50:09

Frances

[resolved] White screen after editing local plugin

I have been struggling for some days to give full gallery access to logged in users in a Piwigo gallery. I  tried setting $conf['default_user_id'] in configuration files; and also setting an event handler with add_event_handler in the local plugin editor.

None of these seemed to work. And the add_event_handler line seemed to stop the gallery from working - it would just turn all pages white.

This morning, I uncommented the add_event_handler line in the local plugin editor. And now the whole gallery just generates a white screen and I have no idea why.

There are no relevant errors in the error log. I have deleted the relevant folder from the plugins folder.

Piwigo has been great up till now. I have got a gallery up, styled it with the Simple theme, and uploaded lots of photos.

Would appreciate any help with the white screen or - if I can get the gallery back - setting permissions automatically on private photos for logged in users.

Thanks

#2 2011-05-02 12:14:31

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [resolved] White screen after editing local plugin

By FTP go to local/config and rename config.inc.php to old_config.inc.php

when you have found your gallery I would help you to Default User

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-05-02 13:16:31

frances

Thanks very much - that fixed it. I can see that had the local plugin editor code in it.

It would be wonderful if you could help me to allow default logged in user to see private photos (which is all photos).

Thanks again.

Frances

#4 2011-05-02 13:44:03

frances

Hi

This question isnt totally resolved...

I would still like help if possible on how to allow default logged in users to see all private photos (which is all photos). None of the things I have so far tried have worked - as in my first post.

Thanks

Frances

#5 2011-05-02 20:33:58

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

frances wrote:

I would still like help if possible on how to allow default logged in users to see all private photos (which is all photos). None of the things I have so far tried have worked - as in my first post.

creates a group for registered users.

Gives permissions on all the albums to this group

defined this group as default group

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#6 2011-05-02 21:06:06

frances

Hi and thanks for that.

But I am still unable to resolve this.

First, setting the default group - I have the group set up and I click on "reverse default group" link in the admin groups page. but it doesnt seem to make the group the default - new users aren't added to the group.

Is there somewhere else I am supposed to be setting the group?

Secondly, I have set up the gallery with public categories and photos limited to contacts - because I read somewhere in this forum that this was the best way.

But now I cant see how to turn all group members into contacts. And I cant see any other way of automatically making registered users contacts.

Sorry to go on.

And thanks

Frances

#7 2011-05-02 21:16:11

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

if group 'toto' is a [default] group, news users are in a défaut group

Board footer