Announcement

#1 2011-05-12 14:56:13

chaser
2011-04-29

Watermark extention

Hi all,

iam looking for a watermarking extention where if pics are uploaded they will automaticaly be watermarked with a predefined watermark like a second pic.

any extentions availible?

Thanks!

#2 2011-05-12 15:50:22

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Watermark extention

There isn't yet plugin for this.

If you use pLoader ther are this option

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-05-12 15:59:38

chaser
2011-04-29

Oh ok thanks
!!

#4 2011-05-12 20:21:46

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

it's better to resize/create/watermark on local with picture software and then to upload them to piwigo

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2011-06-16 16:02:26

Vladimir

flop25 wrote:

it's better to resize/create/watermark on local with picture software and then to upload them to piwigo

No It is not. What if I want to have different categories of users those who I trust (no watermarks) and guests/visitors (add watermark)? Somebody, please, make a watermark plugin!!!

PS: Thank you for piwigo! Finally I found what I need!!!!!

#6 2011-06-16 17:01:41

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Vladimir wrote:

. What if I want to have different categories of users those who I trust (no watermarks) and guests/visitors (add watermark)? Somebody, please, make a watermark plugin!!!

with the feature private album and group, you can have 2 gallery in 1 :
-duplicate all the album at the root of the folder /galleries
-name them with a suffix or a prefix to see quickly if its for guest or not : myrootalbum_w
-inside put the album just as the other root albums for trusted people and watermark the pic in a low resolution
-set a group "not trusted" by default, and a group "trusted"
-set the privacy as this : "not trusted" and guest for all "myrootalbum_w" and "trusted for the others.

With that you duplicate the content BUT you can offer hight def pictures and better resolution for preview pictures (on picture.php page). You will able to put less picture for "not trusted" or just a selection of picture... in fact a better control on your gallery, just by managing the root album.

Moreover, picture treatment online need a lot of resource (more combining two image like here for watermark) and your providers will not like that !

I suggest you to register on the forum to have notification : I have noticed threads are more dynamic and precise with fast answers.

Last edited by flop25 (2011-06-16 17:05:07)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#7 2011-06-16 21:43:43

v2005t
2011-06-16

flop25 wrote:

with the feature private album and group, you can have 2 gallery in 1 :

Thank you for quick reply and detailed answer. One questions to make sure I have got it right. Do I understand it correctly that I will need to upload every time two versions of a pictures, one for "trusted" and another for "not trusted" album? I am still missing the idea. Thanks.

flop25 wrote:

I suggest you to register on the forum to have notification : I have noticed threads are more dynamic and precise with fast answers.

Done

#8 2011-06-16 21:55:02

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

welcome on board

Yep of course view as this, it's annoying but with a script/software that's easier ! I use lightroom -I discovered that excellent soft by other user of piwigo- and a plugin for lightroom exist to publish on piwigo and adding a watermark. But... that soft is not free...normally.
My idea is just to put less and low quality pictures with watermark -it will be a lot quicker if your reduce number and byte- : with that way, even if you have one more upload process, it will be quick and will allow you more control on you gallery.
That's my opinion... I don't know if anyone else has an another idea.

#9 2011-06-16 22:03:25

v2005t
2011-06-16

Thank you.

I knew about the lightroom, but I did not know about piwigo plugin for it. I am a Linux user, so I prefer to do everything under Linux. But may be I will finally move to lightroom since I have read many positive reviews  of it by other people too.

Last edited by v2005t (2011-06-16 22:03:59)

#10 2011-06-16 22:08:02

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Linux : pLoader did'nt work on your linux ?

Last edited by flop25 (2011-06-16 22:23:44)

#11 2011-06-16 22:40:26

v2005t
2011-06-16

flop25 wrote:

Linux : pLoader did'nt work on your linux ?

No. I does not work neither on my Fedora 13 nor on Scientific Linux 6.0 :-(  Also, multiple file uploader (Flash version?) does not work in my Firefox 3.6.x browser. But I can live without all that.

#12 2011-06-16 22:41:43

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

v2005t wrote:

But I can live without all that.

I hope so ^^

#13 2012-04-09 20:11:12

boone
2012-04-08

Considering the age of Piwigo is this any closer to being implemented. I understand developers time and real lives etc but surely this is an important feature of any web based gallery, and should of been considered from the start?

Reading other posts it seems other have the same views also, I even saw one saying he wouldnt use Piwigo until it was implemented.

I understand you can add it with Ploader but this is desktop based, ideally I, and I'm sure others would like a web based option in the administration to batch watermark photos for those times when we can not use Ploader. This is especially true for those who may travel whilst taking photos, sure they can upload photos straight to their galleries but if they can not or are not allowed to use the Ploader how can they protect their images?

Pretty important feature request.

#14 2012-06-16 22:04:26

EdwinKort
Translation Team
Rhoon, the Netherlands
1970-01-01

boone wrote:

Considering the age of Piwigo is this any closer to being implemented. I understand developers time and real lives etc but surely this is an important feature of any web based gallery, and should of been considered from the start?

<snipped to shorten this post>

Pretty important feature request.

I agree. I tried Pload for Mac, but it doesn't seem to work at all :(  My hosts has asked me not to upload the High resolution files on a shared server, so the option to watermark only low-res for guests and high-res for others is not possible, although I do have the space for it.

My Gallery
Hosted with: Surpass Hosting since 2004

#15 2012-06-16 22:14:20

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

watermark are part of the new features of 2.4
if you can't use Ploader etc just upload by FTP or by the web form

teasing http://youtu.be/hxA_HUesoOU

Board footer