Announcement

#1 2011-07-18 10:43:58

dennissweden

Download Multi

Hello,

I've installed the download multi plugin, but when I go to adminpanel->Plugins and want to configure it the configuration page is in French, I want it in english in order to be able to configure it.

How? :)

BR

Dennis

#2 2011-07-18 13:35:47

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Download Multi

you can take EN language here -> http://piwigo.org/dev/browser/extension … i/language

and add by FTP

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-07-18 23:54:34

dennissweden

I've found that before.

But where do I put the files?

Should I just put them in \plugins\download_multi\

or plugins\download_multi\language\

BR

Dennis

#4 2011-07-19 07:54:38

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

dennissweden wrote:

or plugins\download_multi\language\

in this folder

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2011-07-19 13:51:28

Billr
Piwigo Team, forum moderator
2011-06-22

I gave that a try too.  Thanks, ddtddt, looks good. 

I don't know if Dennis has the same issue, but now I get an error for every file on the thumbnail page that says, "Notice: Undefined index: NAME in /var/www/piwigo/plugins/download_multi/include/class.inc.php on line 248"

I don't know PHP but can modify the file if told how.

Bill

#6 2011-07-19 19:01:30

dennissweden

hello again

I feel like a total dumbass, but when I browse to /plugin/download_multi/language there already is 2 folders there, one named en_UK and one fr_FR.

So the english language seems already to be there, right? .

But the configuration page is still in french. I need to "change language" som where I guess?

#7 2011-07-19 19:42:19

J.Commelin
2011-01-08

Hi dennissweden,

You can do that in the administration part of your site.
Configuration -> Languages

J.Commelin

#8 2011-07-19 20:06:04

dennissweden

J.Commelin wrote:

Hi dennissweden,

You can do that in the administration part of your site.
Configuration -> Languages

J.Commelin

Yes but this setting doesnt seem to change the language of the download_multi plugin, just on the rest of the site?

#9 2011-07-19 20:09:34

J.Commelin
2011-01-08

Hmm sorry for replying to quick.

However, plugin don't have custom language settings.
Are you sure that the language folder contains the language definitions (and that they are up to date)?
Else you should still fix an up to date version of the language definitions

J.Commelin

P.s.: Compare for example the number of lines in the files en EN/ and in FR/ to get an idea about how complete the english file is.

#10 2011-07-20 04:33:10

Billr
2011-06-22

I renamed the old ~/plugins/download_multi/language/en_UK/plugin.lang.php file then copied over the new file so I could undo.

The old file is in french, the new file is in english except for this line:

$lang['dl_create_category'] = 'Re-créer la structure des catégories dans les archives générées';

Bill

#11 2011-07-20 10:05:45

dennissweden

It's the same.

But I mean since there is 2different folders there, one for french and one for english there must be a configuration somewhere that tells the plugin where to get the language from?

If I continue to add more languages in that folder there must be a setting to which language is to be activated, because they can't be activated all at once?

#12 2011-07-20 10:47:06

dennissweden

Billr wrote:

I renamed the old ~/plugins/download_multi/language/en_UK/plugin.lang.php file then copied over the new file so I could undo.

The old file is in french, the new file is in english except for this line:

$lang['dl_create_category'] = 'Re-créer la structure des catégories dans les archives générées';

Bill

This is what I did.

renamed /plugin/download_multi/language/en_UK/plugin.lang.php -> plugin.lang.old.php

copied plugin.lang.php from the link given ddtdd from folder en_UK/plugin.lang.php -> /plugin/download_multi/language/en_UK

get this error on page:

http://senz.mine.nu/album/error/error.jpg

If I rollback to the old plugin.lang.php it all works fine again, but with french as configuration language of download multi.

#13 2011-07-20 14:44:36

Billr
2011-06-22

Dennis,

Click on the link for the PHP file to get to the page showing the code.  Scroll down to the bottom to the "Download in other formats:" and click on either "Plain Text" or "Original Format."

Bill

#14 2011-07-20 14:50:19

J.Commelin
2011-01-08

dennissweden wrote:

It's the same.

But I mean since there is 2different folders there, one for french and one for english there must be a configuration somewhere that tells the plugin where to get the language from?

If I continue to add more languages in that folder there must be a setting to which language is to be activated, because they can't be activated all at once?

Plugins use the language that Piwigo uses. So there is only one place where you configure languages. And in that place you configure it for Piwigo and all its plugins.

--> Your problem is that the EN language file contains french text.

So you should overwrite the file with an up to date version.

J.Commelin

#15 2011-07-20 15:31:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

@J.Commelin it's what he did. But I'm a bit surprised of the bug due to that change ! In the new file is there <?php at the beginning and ?> at the end ?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer