Announcement

#1 2011-08-20 09:31:36

asicu.com
Translation Team
Budapest, Hungary
2011-08-04

Who may see an album - how to set it up?

Greetings,

I would like to allow different visitors to see different albums.

Album "for all" - for all visitor who arrives to the site (who has no privacy level)
Album "if registered" - for all visitors who are (registered) logged in (with privacy level "contact")
Album "for friends" - for logged in visitors, to whom I gave "friend" privacy level
Album "for family only" - for logged in visitors, to whom I gave "family" privacy level

Visitors with "family" privacy level may donwload to their on computer imiges from the site.

I know where to change ths permission of a user (friend, family, etc...)

What I am looking for now... is how to change the accessibility of an album, so its "lock" can be opened with the visitor's "key" (privacy level)...

In the "Help » Permissions" it is explained:

There are 5 privacy levels:

1. None
   2. Contacts
   3. Friends (which is higher than a contact)
   4. Family (which is higher than a friend)
   5. Admins (which is higher than any other level)

How do I assign to an album one of these "privacy levels"?
And how do I allow for "family" to download photos?

Thanks a lot...

Tamas

#2 2011-08-20 12:29:21

mol
Piwigo Team Germany
germany
2010-05-26

Re: Who may see an album - how to set it up?

asicu.com wrote:

How do I assign to an album one of these "privacy levels"?

albums don´t use privacy levels, albums working with groups and users, ... in your case it is enough to set the privacy level to the pictures

#3 2011-08-20 16:44:59

asicu.com
Translation Team
Budapest, Hungary
2011-08-04

Thanks MOL for the quick answer.

Yes, I have set now the photos' privacy level... it seems to be oké.

Now... when someone registers it would give him the right to see the photos with "Contact" level. How can it be set up, that when someone registers he or she would be immediatelly on "contact" privacy level?

So, unregistered visitors may see something... and all registered visitors may see some more (set to "conatct" levell).

Another question: "family" level visitors should be able to download photos... however, others may not do so...
Where can I set this up?

Thanks a lot!

Tamas

#4 2011-08-21 06:45:37

Billr
Piwigo Team, forum moderator
2011-06-22

For unregistered visitors, you can have some albums set to public - everyone sees them.

#5 2011-08-21 10:00:27

asicu.com
Translation Team
Budapest, Hungary
2011-08-04

Well, thanks Billr for the answer... however, the question still is the same:

Yes, I do have albums available for all (even unregistered) visitors.

What I would like to have is... an automatic solution: just by registering a visitor should have access to a further set of photos.

So, an unregistered visitor may see photo "A", while a registered user may see (next to photo "A") photo "B", as well.

Now on my site when someone registers, I have to set manualy his status to "contact" or higher... so he may see the new set of photos.
I would likt it to happen automatically and immediatelly...

How may a registered user get automatically and immediate access to more photos?

Thanks,

Tamas

#6 2011-08-22 06:30:42

Billr
Piwigo Team, forum moderator
2011-06-22

Take a look at the UserAdvManager plugin.  You can assign registered visitors to a group or a category.  If you assign them to a category and you assign that category (and higher) to a photo, they will see that photo once they register.

In theory - I haven't tested it.

Bill

#7 2011-09-09 07:37:51

mol
Piwigo Team Germany
germany
2010-05-26

Billr wrote:

Take a look at the UserAdvManager plugin.  You can assign registered visitors to a group or a category.  If you assign them to a category and you assign that category (and higher) to a photo, they will see that photo once they register.

In theory - I haven't tested it.

Bill

tested, works :-)

#8 2011-09-11 20:24:30

asicu.com
Translation Team
Budapest, Hungary
2011-08-04

Thanks a lot for the answers... However:

"What I would like to have is... an automatic solution: just by registering a visitor should have access to a further set of photos."

Meaning, that I am looking for an AUTOMATIC solution... Meaning, that I do not want to assign the user to a group MANUALY... as it may take a longer time (days... if I am away from the computer...)

So, any suggestions how to make this AUTOMATICALY?

Greetings,

T.

Board footer