Announcement

#1 2011-10-01 13:43:49

Ruby
The Netherlands
2009-03-15

Great Gallery for public use

Some years ago I was looking very hard for a gallery for public use where registered users are able to place their photo's. Finally I installed a former version of Piwigo. Yesterday I upgrated from 2.0.0. to the actual version 2.2.5 running the Piwigo AutoUpgrade. I think that everything went fine, the gallery is working ... so one more user saying Thank You.

#2 2011-10-01 16:55:47

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Great Gallery for public use

Thanks for this message :-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-10-01 18:41:43

Ruby
The Netherlands
2009-03-15

Yes, it looks wonderful and there are a lot of possibilities.

But the most important possibilty and that was the reason why I decided for Piwigo isn't there anymore. I really don't understand why most of the plugins are not compatibel to your new version...

And I really don't understand, why I can't find any possibilty to load up photo's without being admin there.

Could you please make me know how I can get our registered users to load up photo's there?

The Community plugin is installed, but it's not working. Your Icy Plugin isn't working too ....

A nice way to make your users to fools ... ;-(

Last edited by Ruby (2011-10-01 18:55:56)

#4 2011-10-01 21:29:55

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Are you talking about Piwigo 2.3 which is not released yet?

#5 2011-10-03 02:46:05

Ruby
The Netherlands
2009-03-15

I did the upgrade to your release number 2.2.5 and I had to find out that most of the plugins do not work with this release number, especially the community and the Icy Picture Modify plugin. Well, I need the Piwigo PhotoGallery for our community, all of our community members must have the possibility to upload their pictures on their own. I have chosen for Piwigo some years ago because it was a gallery for a community. After having upgraded to release number 2.2.5 I was looking in vain for a possibility to make our community load up their pictures to Piwigo.

There are two more very good picture galleries online, they are also free Coppermine Photo Gallery and Gallery Menalto. I am using Gallery Menalto on an other project.

Some minutes before I saw that Piwigo Release number 2.2.5 is no longer a Community Gallery, I told our members that I had done the upgrade and that our gallery is working again, that our members may want to use it. Then I tried to load up pictures in a non administrator account and I was done ... nothing worked any more. No button for uploading any pictures. No plugin that's compatible to make Piwigo run as a Community Gallery.

Finally I decided for a former release number on which your plugins are still working. Now we are done, Piwigo is still running on our website and our users will be able to upload their own pictures. What a shame, that you people do not make your plugins compatible to the newest release number of Piwigo.

Last edited by Ruby (2011-10-03 02:47:03)

#6 2011-10-03 07:53:51

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Ruby wrote:

What a shame, that you people do not make your plugins compatible to the newest release number of Piwigo.

All developers are volunteers, They develop plugins in their spare time background and enjoy everyone.
I'm not that kind of appreciation motivates them to share

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#7 2011-10-03 07:55:12

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Ruby wrote:

I did the upgrade to your release number 2.2.5 and I had to find out that most of the plugins do not work with this release number, especially the community and the Icy Picture Modify plugin. Well, I need the Piwigo PhotoGallery for our community, all of our community members must have the possibility to upload their pictures on their own. I have chosen for Piwigo some years ago because it was a gallery for a community. After having upgraded to release number 2.2.5 I was looking in vain for a possibility to make our community load up their pictures to Piwigo.

If a plugin is compatible with release 2.2.0 is compatible with the often release 2.2.5

#8 2012-04-11 07:56:58

Lisa
New York
2012-04-11

ddtddt wrote:

Thanks for this message :-)

Yes, very useful.

Board footer