Announcement

#1 2011-12-27 22:36:11

babybel
2011-12-27

Flash upload fails with error 500, but browser upload is succesfull

Hello all,

First I want to say that I love the Piwigo gallery. I`m looking for a good and manageable gallery for literally MONTHS now, and today, I found Piwigo!

Creating DB: no problem
installing: no problem
I have some very basic skills ;)

The problem is:
When I want to upload a file by plugin "Community" with the flash uploader, it fails with http error 500.
When I want to upload a file with the Browser-method, it works.

I know it`s very little information but I hope you have some explanation for it.
I chmodded the _data dir to 7777 and also the upload-dir. (including subdirs- and files) (yes, chmod 7777 is insecure, but for testing it will do).

Details:
Tested @:
core i5
Windows 7 pro x64 english
firefox 8.0.1
internet explorer 8.0.7601 (so I guess it`s IE8) ;-)
FTP program: flashfxp
server is not my own, it`s webhosting with domain.
Server details I could find is that it is running linux...
All other scripts are causing no problems. I had serveral websites with serveral plugins. I had tested like 100+ Joomla plugins, and also 10 different image gallerys, for example Coppermine.

I didnt looked at php.ini or the htaccess file because I don`t want to mess with it without instructions... Yes, I can create a backup.. But what if anything goes wrong... (I have a few other sites at that domain server...).

My question;
Do you have any idea why the Flash uploader won`t work?

I am sorry for my English.. I can understand it, but I don`t use the language very often... My apologies!

#2 2012-03-02 17:02:22

felicityphoenix
Southern USA
2012-02-05

Re: Flash upload fails with error 500, but browser upload is succesfull

Hi there! Did you ever get your flash uploader fixed? I'm having the same problem but I can't find a fix for it yet!

#3 2012-03-02 18:23:29

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: Flash upload fails with error 500, but browser upload is succesfull

Typically, error 500 on flash uploads are caused by a too important size and/or weight of pictures to be processed by the server.

Try to upload a photo with a reduced weight (i.e.: < 2Mb) and a reduced size (< 1024x1024). Maybe your hosting service support can help to find the maximum settings to be used or increase the server's parameters.

Board footer