Announcement

#1 2012-01-15 10:44:18

Tom Brossman
2012-01-15

Piwigo not accepting correct password

I just installed Piwigo yesterday and I was able to login several times, making customizations and uploading galleries. It was working great.

The last change I made was to change the theme to 'Simple Grey' and change the favicon with the PersoFavicon extension. Now I can't login. I am sure the password is correct, I copy and paste it from a document. The username is all lowercase letters, the password is all uppercase and numbers. I selected 'Autologin' the last time I logged in, but I clear cookies at shutdown, so this possibly has no effect.

It seems password recovery is not possible for the Admin account, is this correct? It's my site, I have root access, FTP access, etc. How can I login again without having to reinstall or start over?

#2 2012-01-15 11:01:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Piwigo not accepting correct password

With Piwigo 2.3, password recovery is possible, even for admin users. Try that first and if it still doesn't work, we'll see other solutions.

#3 2012-01-15 13:07:51

Tom Brossman
2012-01-15

Re: Piwigo not accepting correct password

Thanks for the reply. After a few hurdles (and a steep learning curve) I am upgraded. I have another question though. Is there a maximum character limit to passwords? If yes, this could explain my issue.

I chose the same 36 character password for the reinstall/update, and when I logged out it failed again. I was able to reset the Admin password, and observed that the new (temporary) key length was 20 characters. I chose a new 20 character password, and this now works. I can log in and out.

I still don't understand how I could have logged in before (maybe a browser cookie), but password length may explain subsequent problems.

Sorry for the long post, I love the software and I'm trying to learn and understand. Maybe these observations can help.

Board footer