Announcement

#1 2012-07-05 07:10:02

sjbauer
2012-07-05

Permissions for users based off of groups

Initial install version:  2.4.0 that has been upgraded to version 2.4.1

I have several private albums created that I wanted to grant access to certain people.

What I have done so far is to create a group, "family", that I have granted access to the albums.

Then I have associated the user to the group "family".

In the usermanager, when I click on the permissions icon for the user it shows that they have access to all of the albums that I want them to have.  Yet, when they log into the system, they do not see any of the private albums that they have permission for.

Did I miss a step or am I miss understanding what the permissions do?

As a side note, if I use the user's status from user to administrator they see the albums.

Steve

#2 2012-07-05 10:24:48

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Permissions for users based off of groups

Hello
some explanations first :
the user status is used to set what a account can do with the features of piwigo : change its password, manage albums etc
the groups are permissions layered by albums
the Privacy level is the system of permission by picture : I think you should check this privacy level, because you might have done sort of a mix between the 2 systems

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2012-07-05 15:39:21

sjbauer
2012-07-05

So where does a person change the privacy level that a user is associated to?  Or to ask it a different way, where does one tell where if a user is assigned to the family privacy level?

Steve

#4 2012-07-05 15:58:24

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

On the user managment page (User->Manage) you change everything related to the user parameters
when you upload via the web form, there is a "Who can see.." also, but it's for the pictures you're uploading.

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2012-07-05 16:12:58

sjbauer
2012-07-05

OK.   I found it now under the properties.  Thanks for the help!

Steve

#6 2012-10-16 14:20:23

trouille2
2012-10-16

Hello,
I'm trying to define some album private and some other public, my problem is that if an account is not set as Administrator (status), no albums are visible (even the public one).

So, I need to create accounts to my clients who will have the "user" status. Each of them will be member of a group called "lot_of_privileges". This group gives access to my private albums.

Christophe

#7 2012-10-16 16:08:52

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

trouille2 wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to define some album private and some other public, my problem is that if an account is not set as Administrator (status), no albums are visible (even the public one).

So, I need to create accounts to my clients who will have the "user" status. Each of them will be member of a group called "lot_of_privileges". This group gives access to my private albums.

Christophe

is this a question or an answer ? if it's a question please create a new thread

Board footer