Announcement

#1 2012-07-06 21:10:19

J0K3r

Modify upload destination

Hi everyone

Is there a way that I can change the way Piwigo uploads photos? Meaning make it upload photos to a user created folder. I've allready created a website with a gallery, but I want to use Piwigo to manage the gallery's photo's. Or is there a way I can tell my gallery how to find and categorize the photo's into the correct albums?

#2 2012-07-07 13:12:46

geoffschultz
Marlborough, MA, USA
2012-07-01

Re: Modify upload destination

Did you check out Admin/Photos/Add [FTP + Synchronize]

Alternately in Admin/Photos/Add you can create an album when you upload the photos or select an existing album

Finally, in Admin/Photos/Batch you can select a set of photos and then select Associate with Album.

-- Geoff

#3 2012-07-07 13:43:36

pewe
2012-03-16

JOK3r;

You say

I've allready created a website with a gallery

then you say

but I want to use Piwigo to manage the gallery's photo's

What exactly do you mean? These statements imply you have a website with a photo gallery which does not use Piwigo but you want to use Piwigo to organise the content of that other gallery - or am I mis-understanding the comment.

Is there a way that I can change the way Piwigo uploads photos

There is not option (as far as I have seen) to change the location of the photos uploaded to Piwigo, and I think it would not be easy to create an option to customise the location (- maybe the developers have plans for this in the future but I have seen nothing to imply this might be the case).

is there a way I can tell my gallery how to find and categorize the photo's into the correct albums

If you mean Piwigo - no.
If you mean a different gallery - you will need to ask them.

Last edited by pewe (2012-07-07 13:44:39)

#4 2012-07-07 18:39:21

J0K3r

@ pewe: You understand correctly. The only purpose I want Piwigo to serve is to upload and organize my photos and create thumbnails for my existing gallery. So I basically want my gallery with a Piwigo back end. Do you maybe know of another way to accomplish this without me trying to write all the code myself?

#5 2012-07-07 19:21:32

pewe
2012-03-16

This is not what Piwigo was designed for.

I've sent you an e-mail.

#6 2012-12-19 09:24:49

brumia

Hi pewe,

I am also interesting of same kind of functionality Like J0K3r. Do you know another way to accomplish this  ?

thx
Bartek

#7 2013-09-12 21:22:06

msakik
Translation Team
São Paulo, Brazil
2013-09-06

Hi, I don´t know if this was solved but in linux systems I can create a symbolic link (ln -s) to the destination folder.  this way I can have the upload folder outside piwigo tree. Maybe one needs to configure apache to follow symlinks accordly.

Cheers :)

#8 2013-09-13 04:14:20

sudo
2013-09-12

If you would like to modify the directory and you know php you can edit the file "functions_upload.inc" under directory: /admin/include/

In line 211 there is how the directory hierarchy is created.
In line 218 id defines how it sames the path designation in the database for the galleries to know where to pull it from.

So in theory if you change how it saves the images then you could tell it to pull from a specific directory.

I hope this helps.

Sudo

#9 2013-09-13 09:21:51

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

sudo wrote:

If you would like to modify the directory and you know php you can edit the file "functions_upload.inc" under directory: /admin/include/

In line 211 there is how the directory hierarchy is created.
In line 218 id defines how it sames the path designation in the database for the galleries to know where to pull it from.

So in theory if you change how it saves the images then you could tell it to pull from a specific directory.

I hope this helps.

Sudo

Sorry but editing core files is not a solution
The symlink is a much better one

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer