Announcement

#1 2012-10-03 02:46:11

dheianevans
2012-10-03

Member pages and galleries

Hello everyone! I like what I've seen so far and I'm quickly trying to catch up on reading about all that Piwigo has to offer.

A quick question: We're looking to add an area to our site where people can register and then add photos based on a particular topic. Does Piwigo (natively or through extensions) have the ability to create individual members galleries where each member can display just the photos they've uploaded and others can comment.

Is it also possible to have a main page where we can show, say, the last x photos uploaded by anybody.

Many thanks.

#2 2012-10-03 12:41:30

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Member pages and galleries

first question : [extension by plg] Community

second question : I don't think so

#3 2012-10-04 09:11:35

dheianevans
2012-10-03

Thanks for the reply. Can you point me to a site that uses the community plugin? I'm trying to compare features of the different gallery softwares before making my choice.

#4 2012-10-04 10:23:32

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

Hello dheianevans

I use the Community extension in two sites
http://sunderlandmountaineeringclub.org.uk/  look under 'photos' and 'history' - both similar types without big users bases.
I also use the 'Icy Modify Picture' extension which gives the Administrator greater control over such things as permissions as to what a user can do or not.
I have both sites set up for users to upload to a event album rather than a user album. I've not tried to set up so users can have their own gallery, if it can be done I suspect the admin person will have to set up the permissions for each user gallery individually, probably best you talk to the ICY extension developer
http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17745  - you wont be able to do it without his extension and help I think

I'd be interested to know if what you want can be done and what the limitations and difficulty's were

Board footer