Announcement

#1 2013-01-06 23:45:40

novw

not installing

Uhoh... I end up with

Warning: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file './_data/templates_c/wrt50e9fe6c0d769' in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1093

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./_data/templates_c/1y4vr1x^%%18^181^181F13D0%%install.tpl.php in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Warning: include(./_data/templates_c/1y4vr1x^%%18^181^181F13D0%%install.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Warning: include() [function.include]: Unable to access ./_data/templates_c/1y4vr1x^%%18^181^181F13D0%%install.tpl.php in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Warning: include(./_data/templates_c/1y4vr1x^%%18^181^181F13D0%%install.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1263

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './_data/templates_c/1y4vr1x^%%18^181^181F13D0%%install.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog3/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1263
[

#2 2013-01-06 23:48:21

novw

Re: not installing

Darnit,. hard forum.

_data is 777-'ed

This is the package. The netinstaller script kicks me out with

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Gzip functions are not available.' in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog4/pwg_unzip.php:250 Stack trace: #0 /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog4/pwg_unzip.php(119): fileUnzip->uncompress('?U???8????b??;m...', 8, 2446, './piwigo/catego...') #1 /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog4/piwigo-netinstall.php(517): fileUnzip->unzip('piwigo/category...', './piwigo/catego...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/kerstdorp/domains/kerstdorpen.nl/public_html/catalog4/pwg_unzip.php on line 250

I am stuck here?

#3 2013-01-06 23:52:51

novw

by the way. it might be an idea to add the CHMOD _data to 777 in the installation guide at http://piwigo.org/basics/installation_manual ?

#4 2013-01-08 02:53:42

novw
2013-01-06

thanks to the huge response (none...) but a great host, the album got installed.

Still don;t know why it did not work...

#5 2013-01-16 03:18:49

quixote
2008-05-10

novw, do you have any idea what your hosting service did? I'm having a similar problem with an upgrade. (2.35 to 2.4.6)

#6 2013-01-16 11:36:52

novw
2013-01-06

A litle.

they have been turning safety switches off as I report them. The only thing I know for sure was this mail:

Code:

We hebben de fpasstrhu rechten weer aangepast.

So, "fpassthru rights" have been changed. I have no clue what that means, but the number of errors is going down. Still not running 100% faultfree, but we may eventually get there.

It might be an idea for the development team to create some sort of list with commands / ports / passthrus / whatever / ... that piwigo needs?

-
tip: http://www.1freehosting.com/ suplies a free hosting service. They have 95% of safety off (it seems). I use them as a testing location. To compare against my own hosting. i.e. Is this error a piwigo problem, or a hosting problem?

If you are able to contact your host they should be able to at least do the upgrade. They can turn all safety off during the upgrade.

Last edited by novw (2013-01-16 11:37:59)

#7 2013-01-16 12:56:55

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Let me clarify something for anyone who would read this topic, and maybe mistaken about how Piwigo reacts on low cost server

Disabling Php features is not applying safety measures. It's like building a house with no windows and just a door to control precisely all access to the house : there are much better way to protect a server/home.
Some sharing hosting has php features disabled because if one customer make a mistake it would affect all the server and impact many customer, but again monitoring is way much better than disabling functions.

We do care about low cost hoster : Piwigo was historically called PhpWebGallery, and was popularized thanks to a very famous French ISP which also offer a free popular hostage service : so we always tried to make a code which could run on basic server and rolls-royce ones. And it's becoming harder and harder since everyone want auto-update, auto-generation,... all automatic! Any server based script is server dependent, even Wordpess will 'bug' with Safe mode on and functions disabled for 'security'
A user of Piwigo  still can generate resized pictures, and can even generate then locally on his computer BUT if he wants all the features, don't getting drawbacks well... there are a lot of cheap hoster without any restrictions, and smarter safety managment

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer