Announcement

#1 2013-01-16 03:47:40

quixote
2008-05-10

[resolved] site blew up after upgrade to 2.4.6 :{

I tried to go from 2.3.5 to 2.4.6. I started the upgrade from the admin page on my site. It seemed to complete normally, gave me an info screen about extensions that had been turned off. But clicking on the orange "Home" button at the bottom led to a screen full of mysql errors and an access error.  My hosting service does have versions of mysql, php, etc., that meet the requirements.

Samples of error messages below. You can see the lot by going to http://molvray.com/photos/index.php The very last line about "You are not authorized to access the requested page" looks serious.
first few lines:

Code:

Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table 'mmolvray_phpwebgallery.users' doesn't exist

SELECT id AS id
     , username AS username
     , password AS password
     , mail_address AS email
  FROM users
  WHERE id = '1' in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/dblayer/functions_mysql.inc.php on line 770

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/dblayer/functions_mysql.inc.php on line 153

last few lines:

Code:

Warning:  [mysql error 1064] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''false',1358300525,'185,195',6330,'NOT IN','0')' at line 5

INSERT IGNORE INTO phpwebgallery_user_cache
  (user_id, need_update, cache_update_time, forbidden_categories, nb_total_images,
    image_access_type, image_access_list)
  VALUES
  (,'false',1358300525,'185,195',6330,'NOT IN','0') in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/dblayer/functions_mysql.inc.php on line 770

Notice: Undefined index: language in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/common.inc.php on line 151

Notice: Undefined index: language in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/common.inc.php on line 155

Notice: Undefined index: nb_image_page in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/section_init.inc.php on line 178

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/dblayer/functions_mysql.inc.php:769) in /usr/home/quixote/public_html/galleryphp/include/functions_html.inc.php on line 506
You are not authorized to access the requested page
Identification Home

I hope someone can help! Reinstalling and recustomizing from zero will take me days. :(

Last edited by quixote (2013-01-16 04:50:56)

#2 2013-01-16 11:41:24

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: [resolved] site blew up after upgrade to 2.4.6 :{

the solution is given here [Forum, post 131179 by laurent.duretz in topic 19683] After upgrade to 2.4 sql failure: Table 'piwigo.users' doesn't exist

ps : did you copy the whole default configuration into your local configuration ? if so you should clean it  up (remove all code you didn't change) to avoid such problems in the future

#3 2013-01-16 15:58:50

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: [resolved] site blew up after upgrade to 2.4.6 :{

Yes!  Thank you, thank you! That works.  Whew. What a relief!

I need to re-do some of my customizations because I think I cheated and put them in the main files rather than local/ directory.

Config.inc.php: yes, I must have copied the whole thing. I saw, when I was searching for an answer to this, that it was a problem to do that so I checked mine.  But it seemed to be mainly stuff I'd changed so I stopped after a couple of screens. Stupid. Another thing I need to do is reduce that file to only the changed lines.

Thanks again!

Board footer