Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Community plugin - cannot allow users to create sub-albums from main?

#1 2013-01-26 16:48:42

NateHoy

Community plugin - cannot allow users to create sub-albums from main?

So, I'm a complete newbie to Piwigo but so far the whole experience has been very smooth.

I've just got one small problem that's been bothering me.

I installed the "Community" plugin and I tried to set unregistered users up so they can upload to any album and also create new albums, with "low trust" so an Administrator has to approve photos.

Testing it as an unregistered user, I am able to create sub-albums under an existing album, and I am able to upload to an existing album, but I cannot create a new "top level" (child of "---------") album.

Under permissions, I have created a permission for "any visitor", Where = "the whole gallery", options = "low trust, sub-albums creation". 

When I pick "------" as the parent album and type a new album name, I get an "access denied" message.  When I pick any other album, it works fine.

As a workaround, I have created an album called "Submitted Photos" and I am asking my users to submit all new albums under that, then I simply move the album up to the top level once I approve it.  But I'd rather they be able to create the albums themselves if possible.

Is there something I am doing wrong in my permissions model?

Thanks so much for any advice, and also for an AWESOME gallery package.

#2 2013-01-26 19:02:50

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Community plugin - cannot allow users to create sub-albums from main?

Bug fixed on [Subversion] r19654 (apply it by hand on your gallery if you can). I will release a new version of Community for this bug.

#3 2013-01-27 00:43:18

NateHoy

You are awesome!  Thank you so much for the fast response.

I'll apply and test the patch tonight.

#4 2013-01-27 01:57:31

NateHoy

Not that you really needed the extra confirmation, but I can confirm that my users now have the ability to create new top-level albums without the need for administrative rights.  Thanks so much for the patch.

#5 2013-01-27 02:01:04

NateHoy

Oh, and sorry to spam the thread with so many messages, but I wanted to mention that the file was in plugins/community in my gallery, not extensions/community.  I had installed Community automatically from the web interface.

Thanks again.

#6 2013-01-27 02:15:50

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

they are always in 'plugins','extensions' is just the name of the SVN repository

ps: you can register on the forum to edit your posts :)

#7 2013-01-30 03:01:10

digaus
2013-01-29

Thx for fast bugfix. Just noticed it myself and got it instantly fixed without much search.

Edit: Have another problem... when a user creates a new album and uploads a pic it doesnt get listed to pics which get need to check before they show (activated admin check).  So I cant confirm them cause they dont show in the list... any solution?

Edit: Also tested it without needing to check... pics and albums doesnt get shown too...

Edit2: Seems to be due to flash upload... browser upload works... strange.

Last edited by digaus (2013-01-30 03:13:58)

•  » Extensions
  •  » Community plugin - cannot allow users to create sub-albums from main?

Board footer