•  » [UAM] What is "Registration of xxx is waiting on validation"

#1 2013-01-31 08:29:36

Joergen
Translation Team
Germany
2011-09-30

[UAM] What is "Registration of xxx is waiting on validation"

Hi,

after an Malware attack I ask all registered users to change their password.
I send them the instruction how to do this.
Now I am getting emails from the Piwigo system, like "[Foto Community VHS Kaarst] Registration of xxx is waiting on validation"
Inside the mail is an foolish german translation (that´s not from me ;-) ) with a link to the website:

The User xxx is waiting on an Admin validation.
Please klick on the link to confirm the registration.
http://www.dfgdfg.de/?key=XK12345kzF&userid=24
Send from ...

1. Why should I (as Admin) confirm registration for already registered users.
2. When I click on that link I get the following error on the Piwigo system: * Your activation key is incorrect or expired or you have already validated your account, please contact the webmaster to fix this problem. Even if I logged in as admin.

It looks like the password change was successfull done by the users (need to be confirmed).

But what is the reason for this mails, they look different to normal new registration.
And please can I change the german translation?

Last edited by Joergen (2013-01-31 14:53:49)

#2 2013-01-31 11:37:27

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [UAM] What is "Registration of xxx is waiting on validation"

Joergen wrote:

But what is the reason for this mails, they look different to normal new registration.
And please can I change the german translation?

Rgs.
Joergen

Hi :-)

you've accès all projet you can update translation to plugin community -> http://piwigo.org/translate/edit.php?la … =community

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2013-01-31 11:57:05

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
this is not the plugin Community but the Ueer Advanced Manager plugin.
I move this topic and add the appropriate info

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2013-01-31 11:59:41

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2013-01-31 13:05:59

Joergen
Translation Team
Germany
2011-09-30

Ok I will check the translation.

But please can someone answer the other questions?

#6 2013-01-31 13:13:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Joergen wrote:

But please can someone answer the other questions?

I've notified the author of UAM

#7 2013-01-31 17:22:33

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi Joergen,

Joergen wrote:

1. Why should I (as Admin) confirm registration for already registered users.

You should not... Except if already registered users have changed their email address.
The confirmation of registration checks if a user change his email address in his profile and send a new registration key to him. This is to check the new email address is reachable and valid.

But nothing with password reset.

In your case, I think you have restored a part of your database but not all the dedicated UAM tables. Please check your database if _user_confirm_mail table exists and if filled with the IDs of your registered users.

Another thing to check : Using Confirmation of registration requires the use of 2 specific groups or statuses. One for validated users and another for unvalidated users. Look into Piwigo's users management panel and verify all registered users you know they are valid are members of your "valid" group ou status.

Joergen wrote:

2. When I click on that link I get the following error on the Piwigo system: * Your activation key is incorrect or expired or you have already validated your account, please contact the webmaster to fix this problem. Even if I logged in as admin.

I think this is related to my previous proposal. If you're ok, I can register your gallery to get webmaster permissions from you.

Last edited by Eric (2013-01-31 22:33:54)

#8 2013-01-31 22:37:44

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi Joergen,

Registration on your gallery done. Username = Eric-Piwigo. If you need my help, please, set my account as a webmaster. I'll give a look and help you the better I can.

If you found the solution yourself, you can delete my account. And post your feedback here... ;-)

#9 2013-01-31 23:09:55

Joergen
Translation Team
Germany
2011-09-30

Hi Eric,

thank you for your help. It looks like the user´s can change their password and then everything is working fine. So it is only the strange email (as explained above) to validate the change.
Also your registration occured two mails (see my answer to you).

So it is not an important issue.

#10 2013-02-01 17:54:32

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

I replyed to Joergen in PM. Here is a quick feedback for other users in same case :

If Piwigo's settings are set to ""Email admins when a new user registers", all admins will receive a first notification email to inform about a new registration. Can be disabled in administration panel > Configuration > Main tab | Uncheck "Email admins when a new user registers"

The second email is set by UAM if "Confirmation by admin" is set. It contains a link to quick validate a new registration. And it's a normal working state of the plugin ;-)

#11 2013-02-01 18:14:48

Joergen
Translation Team
Germany
2011-09-30

Ok, thanks Eric. I understand the mail sending, but there is still the problem when you click on the second mail.
- The second one is generated by UAM because you have enabled "Confirmation by admin" in UAM's Configuration of registration section. It gives you a link to quick validate a new registration.

When I click on that link I get the following error on the Piwigo system in a red framed box: * Your activation key is incorrect or expired or you have already validated your account, please contact the webmaster to fix this problem. Even if I logged in as admin or not.

#12 2013-02-01 18:30:32

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Joergen wrote:

When I click on that link I get the following error on the Piwigo system in a red framed box: * Your activation key is incorrect or expired or you have already validated your account, please contact the webmaster to fix this problem. Even if I logged in as admin or not.

This happened when you call this link more than one time. Did you? A user already validated can't be revalidated with the same link. That causes the red warning box.

When I registered your gallery, you received the validation link for my account. I've used it one time and I've validated my registration without having the warning box.

#13 2013-02-01 18:47:23

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Joergen, you found a bug!

I've investigate and I reproduced the red warning block in the same conditions.
[Bugtracker] ticket 2830

Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll try to fix this as soon as possible.

#14 2013-02-01 19:33:12

Joergen
Translation Team
Germany
2011-09-30

Don´t worry, this is not an major function problem.

Just for my understanding, I tought that this validation mail is only received by the admin.
What is the usually flow when someone is 1. new registered and 2. change his password?

I can try by my self with a test User.

#15 2013-02-01 21:17:56

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

In the case the admins validate the registration and not the users themselves, all admins will receive the validation email. Do not confuse "admin" status with "webmaster"! For a gallery, there can be more than 1 admin (who is able to manage albums) but, usually, only 1 webmaster (who is able to manage all the gallery like plugins, themes...).

I don't know your exact UAM settings (ie : Connection rejected or not if user is not validated) so there can be different flows.

•  » Extensions
  •  » [UAM] What is "Registration of xxx is waiting on validation"

Board footer