Announcement

#1 2013-07-25 09:29:41

Romtom
2013-07-25

[resolved] Remove tooltip on thumbnail pages

First of all, I would like to thank you all for this terrific software, all the effort you put into it, its plugins and themes. I just stumbled upon it two days ago and I have to admit it fits my need almost perfectly. I'm giving it a try on a local server with some of the plugins.

I would like the mouse-over popup on thumbnails to disappear, you know the one that shows the title of the picture, how many times it has been viewed and the first few words of the picture discription. This seems to be non-dependant of a theme, as I encounter it in all the provided themes.

I really love the image preview plugin from flop25, but those two mouse-over action 'interfere' somewhat by laying on top of each other, which I don't really like.

So could you be so kind and tell me where to remove some code to solve 'my' problem?

Thanks for your info.

Last edited by Romtom (2013-07-29 14:17:35)

#2 2013-07-26 16:24:29

Romtom
2013-07-25

Re: [resolved] Remove tooltip on thumbnail pages

Probably a picture will better tell, what my problem is.

In the background you see the thumbnails from 'GTumb+', on top of that you see the 'Image Preview' and on topmost you see that little tooltip/mouseover popup (which reads 'user63...') that I would like to get rid of.

I had a superficial glance at the code but couldn't figure out where it comes from.

#3 2013-07-29 14:15:27

Romtom
2013-07-25

Re: [resolved] Remove tooltip on thumbnail pages

I found the solution in this post from three years ago from plg.

There is no configuration setting for this, but we can do it with a Personal Plugin.

1) activate the LocalFiles Editor plugin

2) go to [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > Personal Plugin] and paste the following code:

Code:

<?php
/*
Plugin Name: Personal Plugin
Version: 1.0
Description: Personal Plugin
Plugin URI: http://piwigo.org
Author:
Author URI:
*/

add_event_handler('loc_end_index_thumbnails', 'change_thumbnail_title');
function change_thumbnail_title($tpl_thumbnails_var)
{
  foreach (array_keys($tpl_thumbnails_var) as $id)
  {
    $tpl_thumbnails_var[$id]['TN_TITLE'] = null;
  }

return $tpl_thumbnails_var;
}
?>

3) go to [Administration > Plugins > Manage], install and activate the "Personal Plugin".

Board footer