Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Icy-Picture-Modify bug found in versions 2.1.0 => 2.4.0 please upgrade

Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/piwigo.org/forum/include/parser.php on line 551

#1 2013-08-14 17:46:36

icy
Translation Team
Vietnam
2011-06-30

Icy-Picture-Modify bug found in versions 2.1.0 => 2.4.0 please upgrade

All versions from 2.1.0 to 2.4.0 have a security issue that may break your ACL settings, and that allows any user in Piwigo system to edit any images in the Piwigo system. This problem is fixed in the version 2.4.1.

Please upgrade to this version 2.4.1 or apply the patch file /patches/IPM-SA-2013-08-14.patch found in the source tree or at the following link
   https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modi … 8-14.patch

The details of the bug can be found in this commit message
  [Github] icy_picture_modify commit 6a8f26e8

=================================================
You don't need to read the below message it's kept for reference

Old announcement (Please ignore)

A bug found in my Plugin, thanks to Kalle, that leads to the case when any user in Piwigo system can edit any images of other users.

Please don't update to this version. If you've updated to this version 2.4.0, please rollback to previous version. The easiest way is to replace these two files on your installation

1. File plugins/icy_picture_modify/include/*.php should be replaced by

https://raw.github.com/icy/icy_picture_ … fy.inc.php

2. File plugins/icy_picture_modify/main.php should be replaced by

[Github] icy_picture_modify file patches/IPM-SA-2013-08-14.patch">https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modi … 8-14.patch

The details of the bug can be found in this commit message
  [Github] icy_picture_modify commit 6a8f26e8

You don't need to read the below message it's kept for reference

Old announcement (Please ignore)

A bug found in my Plugin, thanks to Kalle, that leads to the case when any user in Piwigo system can edit any images of other users.

Please don't update to this version. If you've updated to this version 2.4.0, please rollback to previous version. The easiest way is to replace these two files on your installation

1. File plugins/icy_picture_modify/include/*.php should be replaced by

https://raw.github.com/icy/icy_picture_ … fy.inc.php

2. File plugins/icy_picture_modify/main.php should be replaced by

Last edited by icy (2013-08-14 18:54:55)

#2 2013-08-14 17:52:15

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Icy-Picture-Modify bug found in versions 2.1.0 => 2.4.0 please upgrade

you should delete the revision, many user don't visit the forum, nor read release notes before doing a automatic upgrade

delete the 2.4.0 now and release 2.4.1 latter

#3 2013-08-14 18:43:42

icy
Translation Team
Vietnam
2011-06-30

you should delete the revision, many user don't visit the forum, nor read release notes before doing a automatic upgrade

delete the 2.4.0 now and release 2.4.1 latter

Thank you for your help. I've released the new version 2.4.1. I am sure to follow your guide if my plugin has some serious bug next time. !

#4 2013-08-18 21:07:03

chrisa
2013-06-08

Hi Icy

I don't know if there is a place to request changes to plugins, so apologies if this is not in the correct thread.

I upgraded the icy plugin today (btw, thanks for your work on this!) and it overwrote a minor change I had to make to the code.  I need the upload notifications that are sent to admin disabled.

Can you make this configurable?  My suggestion would be to make the following change:

plugins/icy_picture_modify/add_photos.php
line 238:
if (!$conf['suppress_upload_notifications']) {
  pwg_mail_notification_admins(
    get_l10n_args('%d photos uploaded by %s', array(count($image_ids), $user['username'])),
    $keyargs_content,
    false
    );
}

I can then define this conf value in the local config file to prevent notifications.  If the conf value is not defined, there will be no change to the current logic.

Thanks
Chris

#5 2013-08-19 04:19:16

icy
Translation Team
Vietnam
2011-06-30

> I don't know if there is a place to request changes to plugins, so apologies if this is not in the correct thread.

The most convenient way is to create new topic onPiwigo forum. And the official way is to use ticket system on Github https://github.com/icy/icy_picture_modi … state=open (this may be a bit annoyed)

> I upgraded the icy plugin today (btw, thanks for your work on this!) and it overwrote a minor change I had to make to the code.  I need the upload notifications that are sent to admin disabled.

Another guy is also requesting this feature. I am working on that. Stay tuned.

•  » Extensions
  •  » Icy-Picture-Modify bug found in versions 2.1.0 => 2.4.0 please upgrade

Board footer