Announcement

#1 2013-10-10 17:14:54

jamjong
Member
2011-10-20
3

Automatic update not possible

When I want to run a "Check for Updates" then I get the following message:
"It is not possible to perform an upgrade control '

Even if there is another theme or plugin must be installed I get the following message:
"Connection to server not possible '

To a number of months ago, this worked well until my provider of safety has decided to "External HTTP Includes" not to stand with Perl or PHP commands "fopen" or "curl" (allow_url_fopen).

It is possible to record a Whitelist Piwigo but then the provider the IP address of the server is updated where necessary.

Can anyone help me!

Sincerely,

Jamjo

Offline

 

#2 2013-10-10 17:24:09

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27
3277

Re: Automatic update not possible

I don't understand the sentence, please rephrase

jamjong wrote:

It is possible to record a Whitelist Piwigo but then the provider the IP address of the server is updated where necessary.

if your host blocks external http request there is nothing we can do, follow the manual upgrade procedure, and install/update your plugins and themes manually

Offline

 

#3 2013-10-10 18:32:50

jamjong
Member
2011-10-20
3

Re: Automatic update not possible

Hello,

What I really mean,  my provider has the ability to place the IP address of your updateserver in a white-list.
Then "External http Includes" is allowed. ("fopen" of "curl" (allow_url_fopen))
Can you give me the address.

Best regards,

Jamjo

Offline

 

#4 2013-10-10 18:43:36

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27
3277

Re: Automatic update not possible

use one of the many DNS lookup tools available on Internet :-)

5.135.164.182

Offline

 

#5 2013-10-11 16:25:14

jamjong
Member
2011-10-20
3

Re: Automatic update not possible

Unfortunately my provider will not get the IP address from the blacklist.
Therefore I can not perform updates from the adminstrator part.

Best regards

Jamjo

Offline

 

#6 2014-02-15 21:13:33

dsnpevl
Guest

Re: Automatic update not possible

jamjong wrote:

Even if there is another theme or plugin must be installed I get the following message:
"Connection to server not possible '

To a number of months ago, this worked well until my provider of safety has decided to "External HTTP Includes" not to stand with Perl or PHP commands "fopen" or "curl" (allow_url_fopen).

I have the same issue and I'm not the only one. See: https://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopi … 8#p419098.

I looks like piwigo.org was put on a generic blacklist that is used by many ISPs?

Is there any way that can be worked around this problem?

 

#7 2014-02-15 22:10:45

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
7036

Re: Automatic update not possible

dsnpevl wrote:

jamjong wrote:

Even if there is another theme or plugin must be installed I get the following message:
"Connection to server not possible '

To a number of months ago, this worked well until my provider of safety has decided to "External HTTP Includes" not to stand with Perl or PHP commands "fopen" or "curl" (allow_url_fopen).

I have the same issue and I'm not the only one. See: https://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopi … 8#p419098.

I looks like piwigo.org was put on a generic blacklist that is used by many ISPs?

Is there any way that can be worked around this problem?

many causes can block the automatic updates. the main cause is wrong file permissions. ISP blocking piwigo.org is rare


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2021 · Contact