Announcement

#1 2013-10-15 12:59:40

raivan10
2013-10-15

Webspace full - how to resize original pictures?

Hi,

I uploaded several galleries to my webspace /galleries directory, all galleries were generated as they should be.

But now my webspace went out of space. To fix that I reduced the number of photo sizes to S and XL. To save more space I want to resize all my original pictures I uploaded via FTP. Is it possible to do that afterwards?

Thanks!

#2 2013-10-15 14:16:33

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Webspace full - how to resize original pictures?

Hi just upload by overwriting them

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-10-15 14:49:33

raivan10
2013-10-15

Is there a way to do that without uploading the pictures again, it's about 8GB of data.

#4 2013-10-17 10:42:46

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

not wanting to hijack but to expand on the original question
is there a easy way for the admin to see what the uploaded photo dimension and size (mb) are without having to go into the uploaded file structure to look at each individually
having found a photo i wanted to resize is it best to reupload through piwigo or reupload direct to the file structure, does it make a difference ?

Last edited by IGraham (2013-10-17 10:43:44)

#5 2013-10-17 10:54:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

IGraham wrote:

is there a easy way for the admin to see what the uploaded photo dimension and size (mb) are without having to go into the uploaded file structure to look at each individually

well you're supposed to know the dim and size, because you have the picture on your computer!
the only way on Piwigo, from the adminsitration part, is to go the edition page of a picture, where your will see something like :
•1024×768 pixels, 0.57MB

IGraham wrote:

having found a photo i wanted to resize is it best to reupload through piwigo or reupload direct to the file structure, does it make a difference ?

'reupload through piwigo' using the plugin which allows that or reuplaod as a new picture?

Generally the best is to think before uplaoding, and to set an upload max size, on the Picture size page, in the Options

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer