Announcement

#1 2013-11-16 23:37:29

jyogit
2013-11-16

getting private albums working

ive tried teh help system and gone through everything i could find but still cant get private albums to work..i can set them up with permissions etc but when i log in as a user with permissions i still cannot see the passworded albums.. probably described wrong there but im sure youll know what i mean..i can reset the permissions to public again and view them right away..please help
jeff

#2 2013-11-17 00:21:30

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: getting private albums working

Hello
please consider rewrite your message, in a more understandable and readable way Thx
if your message was about the plugin "Protected Albums", that's a buggy, useless plugin, out dated

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-11-17 00:39:08

jyogit
2013-11-16

sorry to be a bit vague,but as a new user of the system im fumbling through it all to say the least.. the help section from the company isnt very informative at all ..
i have managed to get the galleries up and running with different folders and sub folders but i cannot fathom how to get the passworded .. private albums to work.. i have tried changing all settings as suggested but to no avail.. i cannot view the albums when logged in unless i am logged in as the administrator which isnt any good for normal users.
a alittle help on how to get this function working would be much appreciated .. i have no idea what plug in you are talking about.
jeff

#4 2013-11-17 00:45:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

You seems to be from UK so please write in an more understandable way!!!
We are not native English speaker!

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2013-11-17 13:07:21

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Hi jyogit,

I think I understand your issue : You bold a gallery with private albums and you want to see them when you connect the gallery as a standard registered user. Am I right ?

In this case, solution is easy : You've to allow the specific user to access the albums you want. This can be done in admin panel > Albums > Manage. Then edit an album and go to "permissions" tab to add the user you want to access this album content. Redo this for all your albums.

Another way should be to create a users group, put all your registered users into it and check access permission for this group : Admin panel > Users > Groups, select one and Action = "Manage permissions".

Board footer