Announcement

#1 2014-03-04 20:15:06

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

[2.6 Smart Pocket] Mobile Theme

I have now started using the Smart Pocket (Mobile) theme with 2.6 and I think it would be helpful to discuss some of the issues.  Let me say first that it is a great theme, especially on my iPad, and I like the improvements.

I wanted to start by asking about the configuration parameters:
What is "Autohide the bar of the slideshow"?

I am using the other parameter "Loop the slideshow" to switch off the looping.
Just a small issue, this also stops looping when you are viewing the photos and swiping through. 
Perhaps this should be emphasised.

Tadjio

#2 2014-03-04 22:58:49

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [2.6 Smart Pocket] Mobile Theme

Hi

Tadjio wrote:

I think it would be helpful to discuss some of the issues.

thx. That's always a pleasure ^^

Tadjio wrote:

What is "Autohide the bar of the slideshow"?

it's about hidding the bar at the bottom when you view the picture

Tadjio wrote:

Just a small issue, this also stops looping when you are viewing the photos and swiping through.

that's what the otion is made for

In fact, here the problem is the term Slideshow means the the way photos are viewed and not the Slideshow as it means for the desktop themes, and seems to be misunderstood

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2014-03-05 00:31:43

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

flop25 wrote:

In fact, here the problem is the term Slideshow means the the way photos are viewed and not the Slideshow as it means for the desktop themes, and seems to be misunderstood

I think part of the problem stems from this as it is misunderstood.  In English, 'Slideshow' means slideshow whether it is the Desktop or the Tablet / iPad.
Can I suggest you change the configuration to say "... slideshow / photo display" on both lines (or put a message somewhere else to say that slideshow includes using the photo display)?

I have now tested on both the Desktop (using Smartpocket) and on my iPad.
It is difficult to be sure what is happening when I change the config parameter.
For both the Desktop and the iPad, when does the change take effect?

[Edit]: Having tried again but changing the web site every time I change the config I am beginning to understand better what is happening.  I now see that the Autohide only takes effect after a few seconds for photo display/viewing.
However for the true 'slideshow' on the iPad, the Autohide always takes effect (immediately) whatever the config parameter says (which is fine by me;).

I am finding more problems with the slideshow and what is displayed but I will report back tomorrow.

Last edited by Tadjio (2014-03-05 01:08:13)

Tadjio

#4 2014-03-05 13:29:54

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

In the cold light of day I have re-tested the configuration options and they work exactly as intended both for my PC Desktop and for my iPad.

One of the difficulties is that I found I have to switch to a different web-site (URL) and back again in order to see the effect of changing the configuration parameters.

My other difficulty is misunderstanding the use of the word 'slideshow'.
In fact the configuration parameters apply equally if not more so to viewing the photos one at a time in the single-photo display, just like on an iPhone or iPad using Apple software.

I mentioned one other problem last night.  For one of my test albums with 3 photos, using the iPad (Safari) for a slideshow works fine but on my PC Desktop using Internet Explorer 11 when it stops on the last (3rd) photo after a pause it flicks back to the first photo but leaves the slideshow bar controls on the last photo (no right arrow).  As this does not happen on the iPad and I can't reproduce it for other albums, I am not too concerned.

Tadjio

#5 2014-03-05 13:43:27

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

thx for your tests
I will ckeck back too

For me it's a slideshow, the view of picture from the thumbnail on Smartpocket, since it can be play/paused and can be swiped. Would you have an other word or way to explain what the options are for?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2014-03-05 13:45:05

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

I suggest the Smart Pocket (Mobile Theme) Configuration Page reads as follows:-

Display Options

(Slideshow and viewing a single photo display)

Loop the slideshow / photo viewing (Y/N)

Autohide the control bar below the photo display (Y/N)

Tadjio

Board footer