Announcement

#1 2014-07-30 09:53:25

question/over 200 000 photos

Hi
I have a personal gallery based on Piwigo and I really want to thank you guys for what you are doing.
I was so happy with the ease of configuration and the forum support and I decided to go  further. My workplace (a museum) decided to scan an entire archive of 35mm and 6cm film photos and and put it somewhere on the web. Since most of my colleagues aren't familiarized with with databases and fancy softwarez I've decided to go Piwigo a try as soon as I clear some aspects.
But, here are some questions:
- I'm talking about 200 000+ photos (optimised) each ptoto with keywords. Also it will be a considerable amount of galleries. Is Piwigo up to it?
- Is Piwigo "here to stay" (yes I know that this is a silly question but I have to ask)? I'm asking this because, if I start this project many people will work on this and if it something goes wrong as in related with my two qestions some colleagues will find some rusty old ottoman swords and chop my head off :))

Once again, Piwigo is doing marvels on my personal gallery and i really want to thank you guys
Cheers
L.

#2 2014-07-30 10:04:15

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: question/over 200 000 photos

Hi,

loading wrote:

- I'm talking about 200 000+ photos (optimised) each ptoto with keywords. Also it will be a considerable amount of galleries. Is Piwigo up to it?

No problem.

loading wrote:

- Is Piwigo "here to stay"

Yes. You'll keep your head on your shoulders!

Board footer