Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Export virtual albums to physical

#1 2014-11-05 21:55:58

thanorseman
2014-10-10

Export virtual albums to physical

Hello,

I apologize if this is a duplicate request, I haven't seen it anywhere else, although I have seen a lot of different questions around it. I'd love to see an option to be able to export images and albums from virtual into physical. The opposite of what the physical2virutal or virtualize plugins do. Another example being the opposite of what the Import Tree script does. In my research, I've found one such tool, but I have not been able to get it to work so I'm thinking if it was more of an official script or extension, there might be better luck. The batch downloader plugin is close, but I can see how it might not work with large albums with over 1k images or with albums that are nested.

I'm coming from Gallery3 which maintained the file structure of the albums, which was convenient from a DR perspective. Setup a cron job and I have a copy of all my images incase my hosting service bites the dust or the project decides to close doors. While I hope that never happens with Piwigo, it just happened with the Gallery project, so I'm glad I have the backup.

I'm no developer and am in no way criticizing how Piwigo is coded, actually I far prefer it because its far more responsive than or any other software I've tried that maintains the structure of albums on the file structure. Based on what I've read, performance was one of the reasons why Piwigo handles virtual albums the way it does. So anyway, I'm not advocating for fixing something that isn't broken, just would love to see an officially supported method to export an entire gallery.

Piwigo version:
PHP version: 2.7.1
MySQL version: 5.5.37-35.0 [2014-11-05 12:53:28]
Piwigo URL: http://images.sargent-basecamp.org

#2 2014-11-19 19:15:54

steffu
2014-11-11

Re: Export virtual albums to physical

For me, this would also a great feature!

#3 2014-11-30 20:35:10

jimaek
2013-05-17

Re: Export virtual albums to physical

•  » Requests
  •  » Export virtual albums to physical

Board footer