Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » how to make Exif View show GPS data??

#1 2014-12-28 01:07:06

quixote
2008-05-10

how to make Exif View show GPS data??

I have Exif View installed and current, but I can't figure out how to get it to display Exif data. /feel stupid!/  What am I missing?

All I really want is to display lat / long when it's there for a photo, so if some other extension or plugin is better for that, let me know. I do have RV Maps & Earth, which does a great job of mapping, but doesn't actually display the lat/long.

Piwigo version: 2.7.2
PHP version: 5.3.29
MySQL version: 5.0.8
Piwigo URL: http://molvray.com/photos

#2 2015-01-03 04:18:19

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: how to make Exif View show GPS data??

Anybody?? There has to be a way to reliably display exif data in piwigo. Right? Right??

#3 2015-01-03 23:03:42

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: how to make Exif View show GPS data??

This is maybe a kludge, but it does give me at least basic lat / long.

Code:

$conf['show_exif_fields'] = array(
  'UserComment',
  'latitude',
  'longitude',
//  'Make',                              
//  'Model',
//  'DateTimeOriginal'             
//  'COMPUTED;ApertureFNumber'
  );

I added the lines "'latitude', 'longitude',. Commas are important. Case is important!. (I couldn't figure out why 'Latitude' was not working!)   "//" are lines I commented out.

The simplest way to edit the config file is by
1) installing and activating LocalFiles Editor in piwigo by going to [Administration > Plugins > Manage]
then:
2) open [Administration > Plugins > LocalFiles Editor > Local config] and make the changes in the relevant section.

I think in the Good Old Days, Advanced Metadata took care of showing lat/long for me. I hope they update that useful extension for this version of piwigo soon!

•  » Extensions
  •  » how to make Exif View show GPS data??

Board footer