Announcement

#16 2016-10-22 14:17:47

achmetinternet
2016-10-22

Re: Image Quality

With "Option -> Size" I assume you do not refer to pLoader but to the administration section of Piwigo on my hosted server?

In my installation it is slightly named different: "Configuration -> Options -> Photo Sizes". Is that the settings page you mean? On mine it says under the paragraph Original Size: Resize after upload disabled due to the use of GD as graphic library.

So this means Piwigo itself won't change my pictures but what are the settings I need to adjust in pLoader to get exact copies of my pictures up on the server?

#17 2016-10-22 14:25:18

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Yep that's it. Sorry I don't know Ploader and our advise is to use the web upload, or Shotwell/Lightroom if you want picture management

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#18 2016-10-22 14:35:30

achmetinternet
2016-10-22

Oh, if you can tell me how to do it with Lightroom (LR), I would gladly use that! Does it also import the tags from Lightroom? I'm looking into using the plugin from alloyphoto.com but dunno where I can set the access rights for later viewers, e.g. everyone or just admins.

Maybe someone else can though comment on pLoader since it is free ;)

Could I e.g. just add a smart collection from LR to a specific album on Piwigo?

Last edited by achmetinternet (2016-10-22 14:47:22)

#19 2016-10-22 15:59:51

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Lightroom is not free neither, nor your server ;-) I do understand what you are saying but even me when I was a student I paid the Lr plug-in from alloyphoto since it's a very good work with many options, many updates and a great support from only one man.
You have in the export area all the albums in your piwigo in which you drag and drop pics,  you can even get back and/or match  the pictures already uploaded with local ones...

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#20 2016-10-22 16:06:23

achmetinternet
2016-10-22

So can I kind of "IMAP" my whole pictures between Piwigo and HDD? Quality remains the same?

And how about renaming pictures? Could I do this in LR and then it "IMAPs" my changes to the server?

And with free I usually associate open source which is the way to go for me ;)

#21 2016-10-22 16:32:52

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

if don't parameter a resize quality is the same
>but what's matter for you? quality to display or quality of the original picture to download? Because the picture displayed will be a resized one, and additionally web browsers and colorimetric profiles are a mess
in the last we introduced the concept of http://piwigo.org/releases/2.8.0#formats but that's for the FTP way for now.

>picture files are renamed if you are not using the Ftp sync, but the tittle and others metadata displayed by Piwigo are extracted for exif/iptc or send by the export software (Lr...)

#22 2016-10-22 23:12:15

achmetinternet
2016-10-22

I'm asking because it seemed to me that pLoader uploaded only resized pictures. Because when I clicked on the pic in my browser on the gallery the biggest size shown was XXL which is still smaller than the original file on my HDD. So I'm worried my pics are downsized and if I loose my originals on the HDD, I cannot recover them from Piwigo. Or is my assumption wrong?

#23 2016-10-23 00:25:31

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

the image displayed is the XXL so that is Not the original Soo That's normal the resolution is not the same... go to the edition page of that picture to get the pixel resolution and file size!!
one thing Piwigo is NOT a data storage/backup. Don't forget that

#24 2016-10-23 08:40:23

achmetinternet
2016-10-22

How would I be able to retrieve all original-sized pics back from Piwigo?

Board footer