Announcement

#1 2015-04-27 18:08:14

CharlieM
Gloucester, UK
2015-04-27

Drag And Drop Photo Upload

Today I have installed Piwigo and am wondering whether I am missing something. I was looking for a drag and drop option for uploading photos for users as is available to administrators. Is there a switch somewhere for this. I tested it in Firefox/Chrome/Opera and IE 11 and in all cases the only options were to browse for files in either a flash or browser interface. In fact in IE11 the only interface that allowed me to choose files was the browser one and the "Start upload" button didn't work.

Piwigo version: 2.7
PHP version: 5.2.17
MySQL version: 5.5.33

Last edited by CharlieM (2015-04-27 18:08:24)

#2 2015-06-11 19:06:56

f3red
Cold Springs (Reno), NV, USA
2015-06-11

Re: Drag And Drop Photo Upload

I am also a newcomer to Piwigo, and I agree with CharlieM that I would like to extend a similar drag-and-drop (dnd) upload capability to users. Further, I would like that option to be admin controllable, both on an installation-wide basis, and on a per user basis.

I suggest the following:
Installation-wide options to include 1) do not permit user dnd upload, 2) permit user dnd upload as an option, 3) permit user dnd upload as an option, and set it as default.
User options to include all available (enabled) upload options, and should remember last-selected option as Piwigo apparently does now. [Of course, this only applies to the user's own album.]

Migrating from G2 and becoming accustomed to the way Piwigo accomplishes tasks I am accustomed to performing by the "Menalto way."

UPDATE ... I have just discovered that the user Flash uploader has the ability to add multiple files to the upload list. It is not dnd, but it will suffice for my needs.

Cheers,
f3

Last edited by f3red (2015-06-12 17:54:50)

Board footer