Announcement

#1 2015-07-15 21:02:39

Stormchaser
2014-12-11

Socialbility

Hello everyone

This doesn't relate to just my website but relates to everyone running Piwigo.

One of the biggest things to do with these type of websites, is that they all operate about the same way.   Users can download, upload, place their favorites in their light-room, and submit comments.  That is pretty much it.  None of them really stand out.  Except for when it comes to the layout, and colors used in the theme selected.

Today the most popular sites are social sites.  What if Piwigo could be social with just a tic, or several?  Forget the buttons so you can share on twitter, G+, Facebook, etc.  Lets make Piwigo social by adding the ability to share your favorite pics right on Piwigo with other members.   Next up is to have a far better comment section.  Similar to G+ but not G+. Reply to other members, ability to link to pictures in the albums.  Nice profiles for members, Like members, and like certain type images, and receive an email when the album has been updated.  Plus anything else members can dream up.  Just so long as members are social.

Sites that use Piwigo have not been upgraded to reflect what people are doing today.  It needs a boost so it can stand out from the rest of the crowd.  You can take what everyone likes from the top tier social networks and add your own flair to it.  But right now members are limited to what they can do on Piwigo, and meanwhile social networks are soaring because they have the ability to add images, and video. Photographers flock to these social networks because they work very well for them.  But I know for a fact that many using these social networks want to make their own rules and not depend on social networks like Facebook, and G+ to have and keep an audience.  They want to share their way, and cater to members with nice eye candy, and tools their members love.

Piwigo version:
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://pichame.com

Life has no remote.  Get up and change it yourself.

#2 2015-07-19 00:21:43

Stormchaser
2014-12-11

Re: Socialbility

As much as everyone loves the social experience online I find it hard to believe I got no replies on this that were positive.  Look around the Internet the sites grabbing members are the social ones. 

As it stands I believe there is only one other social for photos and it cost big time.  You beat their perks, and keep the cost down, and then you sit back and watch Piwigo take off.  As long as you have your heart in it there is no reason why I can come up with that will hold Piwigo back.  Except for the coders.  /sigh

#3 2015-07-19 11:05:31

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Your topic is very important. Be sure I will reply soon ;-)

#4 2015-07-21 19:40:40

Stormchaser
2014-12-11

OK thank you.

plg wrote:

Your topic is very important. Be sure I will reply soon ;-)

Board footer