Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Batch Downloader questions

#1 2015-07-25 17:19:18

riley.loader
2015-04-01

[resolved] Batch Downloader questions

Hello/Hi/Greetings/Hola/Howdy/Hey there/What's up/Good to see you all,

I use Piwigo for my family photos. I intend to keep using Piwigo forever, but there's no telling what will happen between now and whenever "forever" arrives :D. I want to make sure that somehow, someway I'd be able to "export" my photos and prep to import into something else.

I notice that when I use Batch Downloader it does preserve tags, which is great (and essential). Is there a way to get it to also preserve description and comments? Also is it possible to have it simply create the .zip without initializing a download right away?

I get a feeling too though that there may be a different solution out there, more geared towards what I'm after. If anybody is aware of one, I'd love to know.

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.4.40
MySQL version: 5.5.42-37.1-log
Piwigo URL: http://loaderfam.net/gallery/

#2 2015-07-25 22:20:02

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: [resolved] Batch Downloader questions

Hi

this plugin is absolutely not intended to be used as a backup solution, like, at all !

when you will want to change software you will have to directly query the database to get the list of albums, which images are where, the file paths, the tags, the comments, etc.

#3 2015-07-26 17:54:27

riley.loader
2015-04-01

Re: [resolved] Batch Downloader questions

Ok, thanks. I'll have to come up with my own plugin someday if the need ever arises then.

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] Batch Downloader questions

Board footer