•  » Extensions
  •  » Permissions anomaly, community plugin

#1 2015-09-16 03:58:34

Cadencia
Auckland, New Zealand
2013-10-12

Permissions anomaly, community plugin

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

The website is dedicated to a small number of photographers.  Each has their own "user album", each belongs to a group which has permission to view all these albums, and each user is "trusted".  New users are created by the administrator (me).  There are no public albums, everything is private.

The system was working as intended - each user could upload only into his own album, but every user could see and comment upon every image in every album, and (this is the point) no moderation was required by me.

The other day I added a new private album not 'owned' by any user, and granted the group permission to it.

And now, when uploading photos, the users are presented with a drop-down list of albums they can target, which correctly shows the new common album plus their own owned album - as expected.

They can upload to either album.  Photos uploaded to the new shared album pass unimpeded as expected.  However, now photos uploaded to the "owned" album are required to be moderated - which is NOT as expected.

I believe this is a fault.  As always I'm prepared to believe I've made a mistake, but I've really looked and can't find it.

I have worked (badly) around the problem for myself by changing line 224 of add_photos.php from
"if (is_admin())" to
"if ($user_permissions['nb_photos'] > 0)"

A version update will blow that away, of course, so I would appreciate either a clue as to what I'm doing wrong, or a fix, or a "broken as designed" :-)

Regards
Phil

Piwigo 2.7.4
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.3.3 (Show info) [2015-09-16 13:20:58]
MySQL: 5.1.73 [2015-09-16 01:20:58]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.7.2-7

•  » Extensions
  •  » Permissions anomaly, community plugin

Board footer