Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Single Install powering multiple sites.

#1 2015-09-22 19:08:54

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

Single Install powering multiple sites.

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I'm swapping over the gallery software that I currently use. So I am 2 days old when it comes to Piwigo. (So far everything is looking very good, it really does work straight out the box, except for that annoying timezone issue. Might be worth changing the error message and point people to the php.ini file)

I searched the forums, saw a similar post to my question, but no answer. Also found one user trying to do this on Debian.

What I'm looking for is a method to do a single installation on my server, referenced from three individual web sites. This would greatly help in setup and maintenance.

Is there a way of doing this before I start to do individual installs.

Many Thanks

Nigel (newbie) A.

#2 2015-09-22 19:44:41

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Single Install powering multiple sites.

Hello
It should be documented in our Docs section
Honesty for so few galleries I think it's better to duplicates the files You know, when compared to the picture file size it's nothing

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2015-09-23 21:21:05

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

flop25,

Thanks for the speedy reply, for some reason all emails from piwigo are being dumped into spam by Google.

You might well be right, the only reason I inquired was typically upgrading a single area is a lot easier than multiple sites. In fairness, I don't know what hoops I have to jump through for upgrading. I'm swapping over from Zen Photo. Great gallery software until you have to upgrade, then all bets are off :)

At the moment I'm trying to work out how to EXIF data displayed. I have the normal ones but cannot find a way to get things like Description / Headline / Title  / Keywords ...

Ah well.

Take Good Care - Nigel.

#4 2015-09-23 23:44:42

kalel
www.photofree.ga
2015-09-23

Nigel-Aves wrote:

flop25,

At the moment I'm trying to work out how to EXIF data displayed. I have the normal ones but cannot find a way to get things like Description / Headline / Title  / Keywords ...

Ah well.

Take Good Care - Nigel.

There might be some useful data here:
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … n:metadata

I'm mostly working with edited textures and renders, so not all of my images need to have any EXIF data, and I haven't gotten around to tweaking those settings yet.

#5 2015-09-24 00:16:26

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

Kalel,

Thank you. I had read that article.

When I tried "Description" or "Title" nothing appeared and when I tried "Headline" all I had was a row of ????...

It's a bit strange really, in Zen Photo the "photograph comment" is automatically filled in by the Exif "Description".  I was kind of hoping that Piwigo did the same, because adding comments to 8000+ photographs isn't going to happen :) 

BUT all that said, I am happy with Piwigo and it's working relatively well.

Nigel.

#6 2015-09-24 01:05:55

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

as answered many times, check out tools/metadata.php or something close to

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#7 2015-09-26 21:45:29

Nigel-Aves
2015-09-22

flop25,

Try as I might I still cannot find the secret to getting IPTC data into Piwigo. Unfortunately a lot of the documentation points to "Advanced Metadata" plugin that no longer exists as supported in 2.7.

I used the tools/metadata.php and I can see the data I want populated into the gallery :-

IPTC Fields in sample.jpg

1#090 = %G
2#025 = Elisha,model,Castlewood Canyon State Park,Colorado,Denver
2#065 = Microsoft Pro Photo Tools
2#085 = Photographer
2#090 = Castle Rock
2#092 = Castlewood Canyon State Park
2#095 = Colorado
2#101 = USA
2#105 = Morning in the Park with Elisha
2#120 = Elisha

But then in the official documentation at "http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_documentation:metadata"

IPTC

To get Piwigo to SHOW and USE IPTC it is necessary (but may not be sufficent) to set the following variables:

<?php
$conf['show_iptc'] = true;
$conf['use_iptc'] = true;
?>

in a file which is in PIWIGO_ROOT/local/config/config.inc.php (at least for version 2.4.5)

It may be necessary to install and enable the Grum Plugin Classes and the Advanced Meta Data plugins.

The problem is using phrases like "(but may not be sufficent) "  and suggesting a plugin that no longer exists kinda makes things really impossible.

If I could find out how to do this I would be more than happy to write up new documentation for this, as I believe a lot of people would find this incredibly useful.

Nigel.

#8 2015-09-27 14:53:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

get a deeper look at the Local Configuration variables available and then you will be to set whatever you want
sry about the Doc not so up to date

•  » Requests
  •  » Single Install powering multiple sites.

Board footer