Announcement

#1 2015-11-29 02:50:02

GeeMac

Background tiling

Greetings,

I am setting up a site that catalogs various CG backgrounds and I use Piwigo to display them. Is there any extension or plug-in that when the image is selected it can offer a preview of the image as a tiled  background before downloading it?  This would give me an idea what the image would look like tiled and if I have to make it seamless or not.
If there has been no development of a extension or plug-in, can someone please point me in the right direction to some sort of code that I may be able to add on myself?

Thank you in advance
GEE

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version:
MySQL version:
Piwigo URL: http://....   Will post when sit is fully operational

#2 2015-11-29 03:12:12

GEE
2015-11-29

Re: Background tiling

Hello again,

Just an update
Please respond to GEE instead of GEEMac.  The email submitted for GEEMac is not working so I had to create a second account. 
In addition, I did not know that the forum was going to take the post when not registered.
Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by GEE (2015-11-29 03:15:09)

#3 2015-11-29 09:32:12

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Hi Gee,

I'm not sure I got your need but may be Back2Front could do what you want. As a counter part, you must upload the tiled picture by yourself.

As another axis you may look at FullBackground which could give you some ideas whenever you would like to code a specific extension.

Enjoy!
DéHème

Sorry for my FrenGlish.

#4 2015-11-30 18:13:04

GEE
2015-11-29

Merci, DéHème.

Your FrenGlish is fine. :)

I am very new to Piwigo, so please excuse my naive questioning.
Now that I downloaded both of your suggested extensions, how do I install them?  I picked Full_Background since that may be exactly what I need for my project.  I uploaded the zipfile to the "plugin" folder and it automatically extracted it within this folder as a sub folder called Full_Background.  Now the question how do I implement the extension and did I place it in the right directory, plugins?

Merci et rester en sécurité
GEE

Last edited by GEE (2015-11-30 18:14:29)

#5 2015-11-30 18:37:24

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Fullbackground is a theme, not a plugin, so it goes in themes folder

And you must not have two nested folders, only one.

Themes are activated in the admin panel

#6 2015-11-30 19:25:12

GEE
2015-11-29

Thank you for your response mistic100,

I was just looking at the original Elegant theme, I was looking at the image size drop down on the upper right first icon.  Now if I can clear the cobwebs from my head and look at the CSS code I may be able to add extra selections called Tile and open it as an Large or XLarge tiled image and if I get that working I may try selections such as 4x4 8x8 12x12 tiling selection.
I used to do web development roughly 10 years ago and things have changed since then, that's why the comment of clearing cobwebs, but coding CSS is still coding CSS, just new fancy additions.
I do content creation for a Virtual World called Second Life and I have hundreds of textures that have to be cleaned up, edited, and set as seamless textures.  Everything will be done in 1024x1024 size and probably twice, one standard texture and one seamless texture.
Using Piwigo seemed to be the more straight forward way to go for sharing these textures with fellow content creators without all the bloat of some web based picture viewers, but keeping a simple presentation of the images.
Thanks again for pointing out that this is a theme.  I'll try this out and see what it does if it displays the image tiled in the background, this will save me time hacking the original theme.

TC
GEE

Last edited by GEE (2015-11-30 19:27:42)

#7 2015-12-02 17:50:15

GEE
2015-11-29

Well that did not work well.  I see the theme is there but can not access it/set it as default.
Full_Background is the one I am trying to get working.

In addition,  is there any PHP experts out there that is familiar with editing themes such as the stock Elegant theme?  Apparently this is beyond me for editing.  I did web design years ago but had a PHP development person handle that language for me.  Maybe this modification is not going to be that easy as I  above.  Apparently this is all in PHP for menu selection and involved with the derivative_xxx.php files (piwigo/include dir).   I see the menu info there.
Thanks in advance
GEE

Last edited by GEE (2015-12-02 18:19:48)

Board footer