Announcement

#1 2016-05-04 15:11:48

kokozula
Cluj-Napoca
2012-03-11

Administration module doesn't load properly

Hello,

I just installed a fresh new Piwigo gallery 2.8.1, and administration part does not load properly, specially checkboxes and stuff...

I have another install, which works just great.

Any ideas?

http://rallyzoom.ro/piwigo_checkbox.jpg

#2 2016-05-09 15:17:22

S.E.

Re: Administration module doesn't load properly

Same here, many icons in the remote installation are not displayed correctly, while they are fine in my local install (both uprgraded to 2.8.1, one yesterday, the other just today).

I had to chmod 755 some directories to have the CSS files loaded in my remote install, see previous post, so now I tried to 755 ALL piwigo directories ! not sure this is safe ? but many icons, checkboxes included, are still missing.

#3 2016-05-09 15:21:36

kokozula
Cluj-Napoca
2012-03-11

I was doing a netinstall... tried it twice with the same result.

After that, and seeing that nobody answered... I have tried manual install.. which worked just fine, so I guess that the netinstall is doing this

#4 2016-05-09 16:02:11

S.E.

So I downloaded and unzipped the 2.8.1 archive, tried to upload and overwrite the /admin directory, to no aval...

Icons still missing, even the home icon !

I'm not sure I want to overwrite the whole piwigo structure from the unzipped archive over the installed and configured remote website ! Too risky.

Where exactly are these icons stored ? as files ? embedded in css stylesheets ?

#5 2016-05-09 17:13:02

S.E.

So I finally found those icons and checkboxes must be stored in  font files, or something like that, in /admin/themes/default/fontello/font/.

Again I had to chmod 755 these files to have them displayed correcty (I previously 755'd the directories).

Still not sure if it was the webupdate that had a problem with my server config, or some error from me, anyway the permissions were not correctly set.

#6 2016-05-09 23:03:19

S.E.

Now this is weird, everything looks fine, except when I go to admin > statistics > search tab, and submit the search form, then I get this 403 again :

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

which is kind of funny, as this admin.php page is used for most admin tasks ?

As I have now set permissions to 755 for all the piwigo site, I really don't know what to do with that. Of course on the local site this works as usual. I used the same method for updating, from the admin options, both on local and remote sites...

Anyone has an idea about that ?

#7 2016-05-10 11:33:55

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Please S.E. open a new thread for your problem which is different from the one of kokozula. So you will summarize a bit what you did exactly.

please consider also registering so you will be able to update your post in order to greatly improve the readability

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer