Announcement

#1 2016-10-12 14:18:32

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

2nd piwigo install - use photos (by tag) from existing piwigo database

Would like to set up a second installation of piwigo (public) from my first installation (private)

However, I'd like to use the photos (of a certain tag(s)) from the first private installation.  (so as to not have to duplicate them)

Anyone done this? Or know if it can be done?

#2 2016-10-12 15:59:49

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: 2nd piwigo install - use photos (by tag) from existing piwigo database

This might not be exactly what you want, but you could:

1.) do a full 1:1 copy of both the database and the filesystem (leave out the derivatives)
2.) in the new instance, use batch manager -> "Search" filter -> filter on tags here.

Unfortunately, a simple "NOT tag:foo" doesn't work for some reason, so a trick is "score:* OR score: NOT tag:foo"

From the help text:

Hint: score:* will give you all photos with at least one vote. score: will give you photos without votes.

"score:* OR score:" will give you all images, and adding "NOT tag:foo" works then. *shrug*

So, this will give you all images that do not have tag "foo".
3.) select the whole set and delete.
Done.

Doesn't solve the duplication issue, though. 2 instances are 2 instances. Any reason not to use the private album feature?

Last edited by teekay (2016-10-12 16:10:30)

#3 2016-10-12 16:46:14

jnashpiwigo
Piwigo Team
2014-10-21

Re: 2nd piwigo install - use photos (by tag) from existing piwigo database

This is what I was thinking of doing, but wanted to avoid the duplication of images.

Answer to why?

My gallery is a private gallery for the family.  The only restriction is via HTACCESS with username and password that is shared throughout the family

Now I have photos (of certain tags) that I'd like to share with a group of people outside the family as well. 

I don't want them to see the other albums, and I don't want to inconvenience the family with an additional login to see the 'private' albums.

So, that's where I'm at, and am thinking that duplication may be required.

Board footer