Announcement

#1 2016-10-23 12:06:05

elece
2016-10-23

Bootstrap Darkroom Frontpage Carousel: API problem?

Hi,

I'm new here. Long-time Menalto G3 user, decided to switch to Piwigo. I like it very much! The migration was smooth and the Bootstrap Darkroom theme looks incredible. I wanted to add the front page carousel and followed instructions (copy code to new additional page, etc). But the result is no image shown.

Well, I'm not a programmer, and my Piwigo is in a shared hosting (so no Apache direct manipulations allowed) so tried to test if the functions were working. Web has header, footer, and even navigation arrows; all the code. But the div into the carousel (placeholder div for the carousel content) is empty.

I created a test page: www.elece.net/galeria/prueba.html
with the code from github (https://github.com/tkuther/piwigo-boots … ent-images) and a call from flickr API works, loading 4 photos from there. So I imagine the problem is in the access to Piwigo API. Maybe I need to configure something at .htaccess?

Can you help me with this? It's a secondary thing (always can use the gallery list as home page) but this presentation is awesome.
Thanks!

Piwigo version: 2.8.2
PHP version: 5.4.45
MySQL version: 5.5.52-cll
Piwigo URL: http://www.elece.net/galeria/

#2 2016-10-23 18:40:46

teekay
2013-06-12

Re: Bootstrap Darkroom Frontpage Carousel: API problem?

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve exactly, but in the javascript code you call the flickr API, and that one causes a javascript syntax error in the browser.

For the Piwigo API, in your case you need to prefix the API call with your gallery's path, like

/galeria/ws.php?...

Last edited by teekay (2016-10-23 18:42:54)

#3 2016-10-23 21:21:14

elece
2016-10-23

Re: Bootstrap Darkroom Frontpage Carousel: API problem?

Hi!

The flickr API... I forgot to delete that. I tested a lot of random things in hope any will work, as I have no idea of code... But you give me the correct: I put the full URL path to the ws.php file and after some reloads (browser cache?) it worked!

Thank you very much! :)

Board footer