Announcement

#1 2016-10-28 02:39:01

SamHill232

Administrator Password

Hi,

I am new to php, MySQL and Piwigo.  I have a site hosted by Dreamhost.  I downloaded Piwigo last night and successfully uploaded photos.  When I tried to log in today, my access was denied.  I clicked the "Forgot Password" link on Piwigo and entered my email but never received an email.  I registered a new user and never received an email on that new email address.  I finally went to my SQL database and through phpmyadmin.  My password showed up as something like "$P$G8wGKSqfQje3TEGGjPSlbR2w59I1PV0" when I had originally made my password something much, much easier!!  I tried to reset my password directly through phpmyadmin.  So far, nothing is working.  I can see the Piwigo site but since I made all of the photo private (for now) I can't see the photos because I cannot log into Piwigo as the administrator.  What can I do?   

Here's everything I know:

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version:  Not sure?
MySQL version: 4.6.4
Piwigo URL: http://winkandsmirk.com/photos/

#2 2016-10-28 08:41:01

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Administrator Password

Hello
You can search on the forum [Forum, post 162792 by ddtddt in topic 26475] Can't login to my Piwigo then fix your email config issue with the help of your hosting

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2016-10-28 18:22:10

SamHill232

Hi,

Thanks for the link.  But I don't know what is meant by "md5" function.  Would you mind providing some further instruction for a newbie?  I have contacted my host as well.  Thanks.

#4 2016-10-28 21:34:56

SamHill

Ok.  I figured out where/how to set the Md5 function.  But in my SQL database (going through PHP admin), I have reset the passwords for all of my users.  None of them are the 32 digit monstrosities and none of them will log me into Piwigo.  Please help.

#5 2016-10-28 21:41:55

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

What are you trying to do exactly?
And FYI storing unencrypted passwords is a severe and basic security flaw

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#6 2016-10-28 22:43:07

SamHill232

Nevermind.  I have figured it out now through trial and error (or flaws, I suppose).  I am not storing unencrypted passwords.  I was simply trying to figure out how all of this works.  All I wanted to do was to log in to Piwigo as the administrator but the log in screen would not accept my password, of which I was 100% certain.  I would type my user name and password and it would tell me the password was "invalid" every time (and from what I can tell on this forum, I am not the only person who has ever had this issue - but the resolutions might as well have been in another language to me).  I have figured it out now.  As I said, I am new to all of this and a lot of the advice on this forum is beyond my basic knowledge at this point.  I didn't know what the Md5 function was, much less how it worked (or what purpose it served). It is helpful, to someone like me, if the answer is provided in step-by-step instructions with some actual explanations.  But maybe my knowledge is too basic for this forum.  If so, I apologize if I have wasted anyone's time.  In the interim, I have "Googled" and found the step-by-step instructions and explanations I needed.  Now I have successfully logged in to Piwigo as the administrator.  Thanks for at least getting me started with the Md5 reference.

#7 2016-12-07 02:53:37

boatwake

Unfortunately, I'm now having the same problem.  I'm able to login as a normal user, but no longer able to login with my admin password that I too am 100% confident is correct.  Could you please post what you learned Googling the issue and/or post a link that describes how to fix the problem.  Thanks

#8 2016-12-07 11:31:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

flop25 wrote:

Hello
You can search on the forum [Forum, post 162792 by ddtddt in topic 26475] Can't login to my Piwigo [...]

Board footer