Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Request: Contributor User Account

#1 2017-06-21 03:00:05

Wickster
2017-06-21

Request: Contributor User Account

Howdy!

I'm totally new here. I've downloaded Piwigo and I'm going to install it as a school's media gallery. Although I will be the admin, I will be assigning people to do the uploading and album creations. I've been searching the forum on how to add just "Contributor" users and I can't find one.

Will it be possible to add another user type? A contributor user, where they can create albums, upload photos and that's it? It's preferable that they can't delete albums, delete photos, or change any of the sites settings...just strictly contribute photos.

I reason I need this is that, I will assigning volunteer parents to upload their photos from sporting and other school events to the gallery and that's it. So on their dashboard would just be an upload menu to create albums and upload photos. And of course edit their profiles and change their passwords.

Many thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
Brian

Piwigo version: 2.9.1 (downloaded)
PHP version: Pending (I haven't checked)
MySQL version: Pending (I haven't checked)

#2 2017-06-21 05:51:28

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Request: Contributor User Account

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2017-06-21 21:09:57

Wickster
2017-06-21

Re: Request: Contributor User Account

Thank you so much for this.

I was kind of confuse for a little bit after installing this, because I had the menu hidden. So I couldn't find the link to where a user is able to upload. It's all good now, so thank you again for this.

Cheers

•  » Requests
  •  » Request: Contributor User Account

Board footer