Announcement

#1 2017-07-03 15:16:03

knobo
Polling
2017-07-01

Moving the directory 'galleries' to another disk

Hello,

I operate Linux Mint 18.1, LAMP, Piwigo 2.9.1 on SSD. Everything runs smoothly.
Now I would like to outsource the photos on a 2TB hard disk. For this I created a folder "galleries" on the 2TB hard disk and copied my approximately 8000 photos on it . In the SSD-piwigo-folder I created a symlink with the name "galleries", which points to the folder "galleries" on the 2TB hard disk, which is working properly.
If I now want to synchronize the photos, the error message: [./galleries/] PWG-ERROR-NO-FS (file / directory read error) is displayed.I have tried various users and permissions of the galleries folder (www-data: www-data, root: root, user: user with all rights), but always get the error message.
I looked for a similar questions in this forum, but none applies to my case and had a solution.
Can someone help me?
greeting
Jens

Piwigo version: 2.9.1
PHP version: 7.1
MySQL version: 7.5
Piwigo URL: http://

#2 2017-07-04 17:18:51

knobo
Polling
2017-07-01

Re: Moving the directory 'galleries' to another disk

Hi,
I solved the problem.
To work properly, every folder in the path of the symbolic-link must have equal permissions  - drwxr-xr-x - and user-configuration - www-data:www-data.
On my link - ln -s /mnt/data/piwigo/galleries /var/www/html/piwigo/galleries - the mnt- and the data-directory had root permissions. That's caused the error.

Board footer