Announcement

#1 2017-07-19 21:11:49

Heitzso
2017-07-19

php mysqli problem

There are a number of piwigo sites that are no longer functioning due to a problem with php and mysqli.
The error I got was
   Fatal error: Class 'mysqli' not found in (...)/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 67
I dug around for a long time without success, though I did find several non-functioning piwigo sites with the same error message. (google that error line to see)

My problem arose when I upgraded Debian and picked up php7, though not a fully configured one.
Not all of the php7 packages needed were picked up, and php5 was still on my system.
My fix (your mileage may vary) was to purge all of the php5 packages and install the missing php7 packages.
I did this using "dpkg -l | grep php5" to flag the packages to delete, and corresponding php7 packages to add on.
The corresponding php7 packages were named "php-blat" rather than "php5-blat".
I had to enable the apache2 php7 extension (both load and conf in mods-enabled).
I then restarted apache2 with a service call.
All is now well.

Hope this helps someone.

#2 2017-07-20 00:36:38

rnrrace
2017-07-19

Re: php mysqli problem

Thanks for the clue as to where to look. I've been hitting a similar issue suddenly and my installation is suddenly worthless. Albeit a different failure:

Warning:  [mysql error 2006] MySQL server has gone away

Unfortunalte I'm on an ATT Website solutions managed server so I have little control over what they do to the Linux installation. I was tot he point of looking to install Coppermine to resurrect my photo library. Now I think I may have some new things to look at.

#3 2020-09-27 04:21:24

Alexander83706
Boise
2019-07-07

Re: php mysqli problem

I am also having a malfunction with mysqli hot loading. php -m says it is loading. Where should I look for the solution.

Board footer