Announcement

#1 2017-10-13 22:03:11

voyager
2015-01-24

How to get piwigo-videojs to work properly?

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

So far, my Piwigo install on a web host server is working very nicely, except for the addition of the piwigo-videojs plugin.

Per the instructions here:
https://github.com/xbgmsharp/piwigo-vid … add-videos

I added all the lines to the LocalFile Editor requested:  Both lines for video support and the long list of
lines for video metadata support.

I then installed piwigo-videojs in the plugin folder of the Piwigo install on my web host.

I have downloaded:
libav-x86_64-w64-mingw32-11.7
ffmpeg-3.3.3-win64-static 

But, I have not installed them because I'm not exactly sure of where to install them:  on my PC, or the Piwigo install on the web host.

I have downloaded MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.99_Windows_x64.
It is installed on my PC, but I'm not sure if that is where it's supposed to be.
But, the instructions say that the last 3 downloads are not needed to play the videos.

So,
Opera and Chrome will only play the audio portion.
I.E. loads the default poster but plays neither audio or video.
Pale Moon [FF] will not even try to play the video saying the problem is either corruption or the browser is not supporting the feature.

How do I get it up and running?

Piwigo version: 2.9.2
PHP version: 7.1.7
MySQL version: 5.5.30
Piwigo URL: http://www.mrcorrell.com/

Last edited by voyager (2017-10-14 06:42:06)

#2 2017-10-16 18:36:33

jdev21
2017-08-11

Re: How to get piwigo-videojs to work properly?

These would need to be installed on the webhost as thats where piwigo is run. I believe you only need ffmpeg OR libav as they both work to process videos.
Add: you will also need to install mediainfo on the host rather than your PC. Your PC is not processing these files so not much use in the software to be installed there.

Last edited by jdev21 (2017-10-16 18:38:20)

#3 2017-10-17 03:55:17

voyager
2015-01-24

Thank you jdev21 for your response.

ffmpeg-3.3.3-win64-static.zip does not have an .exe file inside it.
I assume, that I should copy the folder inside to the Piwigo install.
Should it go into the Plugin folder where videojs was installed, or elsewhere?

Same situation and question for libav-x86_64-w64-mingw32-11.7.7z.

Should both be installed or only one of them?
If only one of them, which would be the better to use?

MediaInfo_CLI_0.7.99_Windows_x64.zip has an .exe file inside of it, and a Plugun folder.
I assume that I cannot run an .exe file on the hosting site and will have to upload the Plugin folder.
Same question, Where to upload it to?
My guess is that the "Custom" folder inside the Plugin folder should end up inside Piwigo's Plugin folder.

#4 2017-10-26 23:45:17

voyager
2015-01-24

I have found the source of the problem in getting videojs running properly.
After removing MediaInfo and ffmpeg from the site host, then going back through the videojs installation. When synchronizing the installation I get this notification:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/admin/admin_sync.php on line 87

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/admin/admin_sync.php on line 103

Notice: Undefined variable: retval in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/function_dependencies.php on line 35

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/function_dependencies.php on line 35

Notice: Undefined variable: retval in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/function_dependencies.php on line 37

Notice: Undefined variable: retval in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/function_dependencies.php on line 37

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx/public_html/plugins/piwigo-videojs/include/function_dependencies.php on line 50

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /storage/ssd1/xxx/xxxxxxx
Mediainfo error reading file. Is MediaInfo install? Is MediaInfo in path?
Is the video accessible & readable, Try to run the command manually.
mediainfo --Full --Output=XML --Language=raw './upload/2017/10/13/20171013041107-8020548e.mp4'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This looks to be with the server not the install.
It is a free hosting site.
A forum inquiry confirms that the synchronization is blocked and disabled.

Some browsers cannot  play anything.
Others can only play the audio.

I am considering changing my hosting to paid.
The paid hosting service with the same host, reserves the right to the use any data uploaded to their servers as they see fit. 
I'm not comfortable with this, and will be looking into moving to a different paid hosting service provider.

Last edited by voyager (2017-10-27 00:02:33)

Board footer