Announcement

#1 2019-11-17 14:02:57

Tillgren
2018-11-06

Link to a PDF from a menu?

Hi,
Before the latest update of Piwigo I used to have a PDF with terms of usage in the folder "public_html" at my site and a link to the file from the menu.

After the latest update the link in the menu is gone but the PDF is still in the "public_html" folder but I can't access the file any more (error 404).

The path is: https://www.tillgrensbilder.com/anvandningsvillkor.pdf

Wrong permissions (All read)? And how do I get the link in the menu to the PDF back?

Piwigo 2.10.1
PHP: 7.1.30
MySQL: 5.5.5-10.1.34
Piwigo URL: https://tillgrensbilder.com

#2 2019-11-17 14:29:26

kleiner_Hobbit
Berlin
2017-08-22

Re: Link to a PDF from a menu?

This works:
https://www.tillgrensbilder.com/Anvandningsvillkor.pdf

The first letter must be capitalized.

#3 2019-11-17 18:44:06

Tillgren
2018-11-06

kleiner_Hobbit wrote:

This works:
https://www.tillgrensbilder.com/Anvandningsvillkor.pdf

The first letter must be capitalized.

Great! Is there a way to configure the menus to show the PDF?

#4 2019-11-17 19:01:52

kleiner_Hobbit
Berlin
2017-08-22

If you like, you can put the link in the Footer using the plugin "personal footer"

Another way would be the plugin "additional pages" with which you can add new pages to the gallery.

When you use the website only for your photos you can disable some of the menues (i.a. Identification) with the plugin "advanced menue manager"

#5 2019-12-28 14:26:45

Tillgren
2018-11-06

kleiner_Hobbit wrote:

If you like, you can put the link in the Footer using the plugin "personal footer"

Another way would be the plugin "additional pages" with which you can add new pages to the gallery.

When you use the website only for your photos you can disable some of the menues (i.a. Identification) with the plugin "advanced menue manager"

Finally Xmas and I got time to take care of my website ;-) I checked the plugin personal footer and personal about, but is it possible to use html instead of plain text, like a link to a file instead of the url?

#6 2019-12-28 14:33:15

kleiner_Hobbit
Berlin
2017-08-22

Tillgren wrote:

is it possible to use html instead of plain text, like a link to a file instead of the url?

Yes, you can use html in the personal footer.

Code:

<br>Copyright: Anders Tillgren, Tillgrensbilder - <a href="https://www.tillgrensbilder.com/Anvandningsvillkor.pdf ">användningsvillkor</a>

#7 2019-12-28 16:34:16

Tillgren
2018-11-06

kleiner_Hobbit wrote:

Tillgren wrote:

is it possible to use html instead of plain text, like a link to a file instead of the url?

Yes, you can use html in the personal footer.

Code:

<br>Copyright: Anders Tillgren, Tillgrensbilder - <a href="https://www.tillgrensbilder.com/Anvandningsvillkor.pdf ">användningsvillkor</a>

Great! Thanks! Do you also know if there is issue when using the plugin "Advanced menu manager" with the theme "Bootstrap Default"? I used the plugin to create a custom menu to create a link to  a file on my site but  my menu looks very different from the standard menus in the theme.

Not a big deal anymore, because now I can use the footer and the standard "About-page" to link to the file. I am just curious.

#8 2019-12-28 19:26:27

kleiner_Hobbit
Berlin
2017-08-22

Tillgren wrote:

Do you also know if there is issue when using the plugin "Advanced menu manager" with the theme "Bootstrap Default"? I used the plugin to create a custom menu to create a link to  a file on my site but  my menu looks very different from the standard menus in the theme.

I don´t know. I use "Bootstrap Darkroom" I don´t use the Links and Random Pictures-Section from Advanced Menue Manager.
I use the Advanced Menue Manager to deactivate the Identification-Section. I am the only User on my Website, so it is not necessary to show this on the website.

I created an additional menue "Information" on my website with sub-pages with the Plugin "Additional Pages" Maybe this is an option for you. You could add an additional page to show the information which is now in the PDF-File.

#9 2019-12-29 12:05:46

Tillgren
2018-11-06

kleiner_Hobbit wrote:

Tillgren wrote:

Do you also know if there is issue when using the plugin "Advanced menu manager" with the theme "Bootstrap Default"? I used the plugin to create a custom menu to create a link to  a file on my site but  my menu looks very different from the standard menus in the theme.

I don´t know. I use "Bootstrap Darkroom" I don´t use the Links and Random Pictures-Section from Advanced Menue Manager.
I use the Advanced Menue Manager to deactivate the Identification-Section. I am the only User on my Website, so it is not necessary to show this on the website.

I created an additional menue "Information" on my website with sub-pages with the Plugin "Additional Pages" Maybe this is an option for you. You could add an additional page to show the information which is now in the PDF-File.

Very interesting. I tried the Bootstrap Darkroom and it looks cool but I got the feeling that its a bit slower to load then Bootstrap Default. Maybe just a feeling?
Can I have the URL to your site to see how your menus look like?

#10 2019-12-29 20:28:57

kleiner_Hobbit
Berlin
2017-08-22

Tillgren wrote:

Yes, no problem:
www.die-weite-welt.de

#11 2019-12-30 16:54:05

Tillgren
2018-11-06

kleiner_Hobbit wrote:

Tillgren wrote:

Yes, no problem:
www.die-weite-welt.de

Wow! Nice pictures. It looks really good.

Board footer