Announcement

#1 2020-02-07 03:54:03

recobb
2016-03-04

MySQL Error on Upgrade to 2.10.1

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I am upgrading on my localhost to test before upgrading on the production server.  I updated to 2.9.5 and ran all the integrity checks, which passed.  Then I tried using the automatic upgrade procedure, which resulted in the error message shown below.  So then I tried the manual upgrade procedure, and imported a backup of the database before running upgrade.php.  It seemed like upgrade.php ran OK, and then redirected me to the root gallery index.php, which yielded the same error message.  I then tried to reach admin.php, but still with the same error.  I again imported my database backup and tried the root index.php url, which automatically redirected me to upgrade.php.  Running the procedure again, I had exactly the same result as before.

It appears to be a missing entry in the performance_schema table in phpmyadmin, but I have two other Piwigo galleries (both 2.9.5) running on the same server, and they do not have that error.

Error messages:
Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet' in E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\dblayer\functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_row() on boolean in E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\dblayer\functions_mysqli.inc.php:225 Stack trace: #0 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\dblayer\functions_mysqli.inc.php(513): pwg_db_fetch_row(false) #1 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\functions_user.inc.php(477): mass_inserts('sivtacg_user_ca...', Array, Array, Array) #2 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\functions_user.inc.php(293): getuserdata(2, true) #3 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\user.inc.php(60): build_user(2, true) #4 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\common.inc.php(154): include('E:\\htdocs\\xxxxx...') #5 E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\identification.php(11): include_once('E:\\htdocs\\xxxx...') #6 {main} thrown in E:\htdocs\xxxx\xxxxgallery\include\dblayer\functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 225
------------
No clue where to go from here.

Thanks,

Richard

Piwigo version: 2.9.5 to 2.10.1 upgrade
PHP version: 7.0.32
MySQL version: 5.7.24
Piwigo URL: http:// (localhost)

#2 2020-02-07 12:13:52

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Re: MySQL Error on Upgrade to 2.10.1

If you also upgraded MySQL then https://stackoverflow.com/questions/319 … esnt-exist (which is the first hit for "performance_schema.session_variables" entered in a search engine).

Odd thing is it works for two other instances, so mysql configuration may differ and solution 3 of https://www.carnaghan.com/knowledge-bas … snt-exist/ might help (which is the 6th hit in the search).

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#3 2020-02-07 16:02:32

recobb
2016-03-04

erAck wrote:

Odd thing is it works for two other instances, so mysql configuration may differ and solution 3 of https://www.carnaghan.com/knowledge-bas … snt-exist/ might help (which is the 6th hit in the search).

I had not modified MySQL so I skipped the first link (upgrade.php was a Piwigo routine).  I added the line:
show_compatibility_56 = ON
(solution 3) and that worked (I am using Bitnami XAMPP on localhost, so it turned out to be my.ini instead of my.cnf) where I added it.

When I used the routine to repair and optimize database, I received an error about default value for dates, which I had come across before, in updating to 2.9.5.  It turned out the solution to that was adding the ALTER statements in #6 of the thread here:
https://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27923
I ran that again, and it fixed the problem with the date.  Apparently, having added them earlier, they were lost in the upgrade (although I can't rule out that they had been done after I had backed up the database).

NEXT PROBLEM:
I updated a second localhost gallery for a different web page.  Having added the compatibility line to my.ini, this upgrade ran without the initial error.  Now the album displays, but there are a number of error messages at the top:

Code:

Notice: Undefined index: display_fromto in E:\htdocs\yyyy\gallery\include\category_cats.inc.php on line 119
Notice: Undefined index: display_fromto in E:\htdocs\yyyy\gallery\include\category_cats.inc.php on line 315

Only one instance of the error for line 119, but multiples for line 315.
I ran the routine to optimize and repair database, which completed successfully.  I also ran all of the other maintenance routines I could find (purge sessions, etc), but nothing has solved the error messages above.  There are no errors when I am on the admin page, but they appear whenever I return to the album view.

I am really nervous about doing this upgrade on my hosted sites as I won't have access to configuration files such as my.cnf

Thanks for getting me this far!

Richard

#4 2020-02-07 18:00:47

recobb
2016-03-04

More info on the display errors - they only appear when there are albums in the display view - there is one of the line 315 errors for each album (or sub-albums) in the current page.  When viewing an album, with no sub-albums, only photos, the error lines are gone.

I went into maintenance and updated photos and albums, but no joy from that.

Richard

#5 2020-02-07 18:37:00

erAck
Only trying to help
2015-09-06

Searching for display_fromto in this forum reveals, among others, [Forum, post 174824 by erAck in topic 29704] Errors

Running Piwigo at https://erack.net/gallery/

#6 2020-02-07 20:20:31

recobb
2016-03-04

OK, busted, thanks for your patience.

Did the manual upgrade and all is well with the second gallery now.

#7 2020-03-05 10:34:18

Zakky24
2017-09-13

Hi,

Experiencing similar problems.  I think my previous attempt to upgrade failed during installation, but seemed to carry on working for a while.  Now I'm getting these errors;

Warning:  [mysql error 1146] Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist
SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max_allowed_packet' in /var/sites/h/zzz.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 856

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_row() on boolean in /var/sites/h/zzz.com/public_html/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 225

I've been in contact with my host, and I'm unable to make changes to the MySQL config - such as the ones shown below (show_compatibility_56 = ON).

Any other suggestions?  If not I'm thinking I may need a complete wipe/reinstall - but if I do this is there any way to preserve my user list/passwords etc?  (I tried to do a manual upgrade, but it came up with database intact nothing to do).

Any help will always be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Board footer